Compbar v1.0.2

2006-09-15 10:54:52 PM
delphi81
Hi,
As compbar v1.5 final isn't there yet and I have major problems with the cpu
usage, I decided to go back to v1.0.2 and fix some things there.
The high cpu usage when compbar v1.0.2 is visible is quite easy to fix by
moving the code from the ActionList's OnUpdate handler to top of the
ComponentsMenu's OnPopup handler. That way the code is only executed when
needed and not as part of some idle loop.
But I keep getting a fair amout of cyan images in the component list
indicating compbar can not load the components icon.
Any fix for that?
I also remember someone posting fixes for this version a long time ago. Did
anyone still have them?
--
Wim van der Vegt

Re:Compbar v1.0.2

"G.W. van der Vegt" writes
The high cpu usage when compbar v1.0.2 is visible is quite easy to fix by
moving the code from the ActionList's OnUpdate handler to top of the
ComponentsMenu's OnPopup handler. That way the code is only executed when
needed and not as part of some idle loop.
Yes, I have noticed this CPU usage in one of my programs too. that is really
sad, that this high CPU consumption shows up. This can lead to users
terminating an application because it seems it works in the background w/o
any user input (spyware).
--
cu,
Michael