nested detail

2003-09-23 12:30:27 PM
delphi79
I have a problem with a nested dataset. When I delete the detail record on
the nested dataset using the dataset method delete it also deletes the
master record..... any suggestions? The master record doesnt appear to be
deleted but if I refetch the dataset then it is not there...
derek

Re:nested detail

derek writes:
I have a problem with a nested dataset. When I delete the detail
record on the nested dataset using the dataset method delete it also
deletes the master record..... any suggestions? The master record
doesnt appear to be deleted but if I refetch the dataset then it is
not there...
Maybe you have a cascade defined on the foreign key on the DB server.
-Craig
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
Please read and follow Borland's rules for the user of their
news server: info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html