Access Interbase will Hold at Task Manager at Process

2006-02-24 06:05:11 PM
delphi56
Running with OS Windows XP service pack 2 and when Installed with ISA (Internet Security Acceleration server 2004 and access Interbase will caused the program hold at Task manager at process and can not release. We need to manually end task.Please advise. Thanks.

Re:Access Interbase will Hold at Task Manager at Process

Andy writes:
Running with OS Windows XP service pack 2 and when Installed with ISA
(Internet Security Acceleration server 2004 and access Interbase will
caused the program hold at Task manager at process and can not release.
Are you trying to access IB *through* the firewall? Please clarify
what you're doing.
Borland newsgroup denizen Sergio González has a new CD of
Irish music out, and it is good: tinyurl.com/7hgfr

"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a. acm.org]>writes:
Andy writes:

>Running with OS Windows XP service pack 2 and when Installed with ISA
>(Internet Security Acceleration server 2004 and access Interbase will
>caused the program hold at Task manager at process and can not release.

Are you trying to access IB *through* the firewall? Please clarify
what you're doing.

Borland newsgroup denizen Sergio González has a new CD of
Irish music out, and it is good: tinyurl.com/7hgfr
Hi Craig,
Yes.. Access IB through the firewall..

Andy writes:
Yes.. Access IB through the firewall..
Not a great idea, I think. Use a VPN or other secure tunnel rather
than opening the port to the world. The point of having the firewall,
after all, is to keep this stuff closed.
How to ask questions the smart way: