Weird thing... <g>

2004-06-30 02:34:17 AM
delphi36
Try going on to www.microsoft.com/dotnet and... SURPRISE! :-)
Andrew

Re:Weird thing... <g>

Andrea Raimondi writes:
Try going on to www.microsoft.com/dotnet and... SURPRISE! :-)
or:
www.microsoft.com/.net
"The system cannot find the file specified." :-) I realize that is for a
different reason but still... Guess the "dot" really caused MS some
problems. Maybe its because Sun put the "dot" in ".com". ;-)
For a while Google couldn't find anything .net related because the "."
was ignored when you searched for ".net". I think they must've had to
change their searching code just to handle Microsoft's unusual product
naming strategy...
Cheers,
Kevin.

Re:Weird thing... <g>

"Andrea Raimondi" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Try going on to www.microsoft.com/dotnet and... SURPRISE! :-)

Andrew
or...
www.borland.com/delphi8
same difference.

Re:Weird thing... <g>

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
Try going on to www.microsoft.com/dotnet and... SURPRISE! :-)
www.microsoft.com/java/ ...works <g>
Phil
--
Discover a lost art - play Marbles
May 2004

Re:Weird thing... <g>

Nelson F. writes:
www.borland.com/delphi8

same difference.

Interesting... delphi6 is the only one that works. :-)
Actually, it is not quite the same thing. dotnet is a generic platform,
much like Windows. However, MS themselves have never used this
abbreviation. Then again... they've never called it NET publicly and
yet the url for dotnet is www.microsoft.com/net
I guess we can start calling it NET then.
Cheers,
Kevin.

Re:Weird thing... <g>

Kevin <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
Guess the "dot" really caused MS some
problems. Maybe its because Sun put the "dot" in ".com". ;-)
LOL. that is one of the best lines I have read in a long time.
--
***Free Your Mind***
Posted with JSNewsreader-BETA 0.9.3.147

Re:Weird thing... <g>