Re: Icons in menu

2004-11-10 03:08:16 AM
delphi263
The overall effect mimics the latest version of Office.
Um, which one? Corel Office? Open Office?
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re: Icons in menu

John Kaster (Borland) writes:
Dave Jewell in <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

>Glad you said 'currently'. WinForms 2.0 is awesome.

Which features in particular prompt you to name it "awesome"?
The link points to the description of Toolstrip. Some all singing, all
dancing kind of tool/cool/menubar like thingie, AFAICS.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because

Re: Icons in menu

"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote
>Which features in particular prompt you to name it "awesome"?

The link points to the description of Toolstrip. Some all singing, all
dancing kind of tool/cool/menubar like thingie, AFAICS.
Right. One of the nicest things about the new WinForms technology is the
Menustrip, ContextMenustrip, Statusstrip, etc, components, all of which
descend from Toolstrip, giving a high degree of consistency in the design
process.
It's not as awesome as the DevExpress stuff, and it is debatable how it
compares with VCL.NET, but it is definitely a lot more awesome than WinForms
1.0. Within the context of this thread, icons in menus are no problem. If
you select the "Hit me with a set of standard menus" option, it prefills all
the menus with the system standard icons.
The overall effect mimics the latest version of Office. I like it, and
because it is part of the framework, there's no hit in terms of increased
executable size.
Dave

Re: Icons in menu

Rick Carter writes:
>The overall effect mimics the latest version of Office.

Um, which one? Corel Office? Open Office?
LOL!
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"I don't pray because I don't want to bore God." -- Orson Welles.

Re: Icons in menu

"Rick Carter" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote
Um, which one? Corel Office? Open Office?
Was thinking of the Oval Office, actually...... :-))
Dave