IDE Problem

2003-11-26 08:24:06 PM
delphi92
I am using Delphi 7 Professional and was attempting to change editor properties
(Tools=>Editor Options) I received the following error:
Error reading PropertySheet Control1.PropertySheets
Error reading clrbxForeground Style: A call to an OS
function failed.
What does this mean and more importantly, what do I do to fix it?
Any enlightenment will be appreciated.
TIA
Vic
Victor Fraenckel - The Windman
vfraenc1 ATSIGN nycap DOT rr DOTcom
KC2GUI
Home of the WindReader Electronic Theodolite
Read the WIND
"Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long
and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."
- Winston [Leonard Spencer] Churchill (1874 - 1965)
Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?
-Count Oxenstierna (ca 1620) to the young King Gustavus Adolphus

Re:IDE Problem

Hi all,
I am trying to write inside a Label Caption property using Russian Language,
but unfortunately all I see is " ??????? ", I am sure that my windows
support Russian language as I can read the Russian language on Notepad,
word, WordPad...
I really wonder how I can solve this problem to be able to see the Russian
characters in my Label caption property...
Can someone please tell me how to do so..
I am using Borland C++ Builder 5 Enterprise, on Windows XP home Edition
Best Regards

Re:IDE Problem

Martin C,
Notepad might be a fully unicode enabled application. In that case it
can display any character which exists in whatever unicode font it is
using for output.
The VCL is not unicode enabled. It handles unicode by performing a
conversion down to 8-bit. For that conversion to work you have to be
using a codepage that includes the required characters.
You don't /sound/ Russian and so I expect you're running with the
Western-European codepage. That is inadequate for Cyrillic and the
conversion will fail as you describe.
You can test this by installing Russian language support and
switching locales temporarily.
In order to use unicode reliably in VCL applications you really need
to look into a third party add-on that provides full unicode support.
I recommend ElPack (www.eldos.org/) but be warned that the
installation procedure is a little daunting. Keep your head and just
follow the steps and you will be okay :)
--
Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:IDE Problem

Martin C writes:

... on Windows XP ...

Then it is very easy for you to verify that Andrue is right :)
Just switch temporarily to Russian, but not Locale (it will not help) -
change System Code Page (with re-start) and then you should see
everything Ok:
ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PaulGor/full_e.htm
--
Regards,
Paul Gorodyansky
ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PaulGor/

Re:IDE Problem

Hi All,
I have a data module with data sources and data sets. I have a form with some dbEdits. I go the data source property of the dbEdit. The drop down list in the object inspector is empty. I can type the name of the data source into the datasource property of said dbEdit. Once a datasource is selected for the dbEdit the list od available fields is populated.
Why won't the list for the datasource property populate in the Object Inspector? Am I missing some setting in the IDE? I use Delphi 6.
The only clue I can give is that the datamodule form must be open in the IDE in order to save or compile any of the forms that mention it in their uses clause.
Thanks!
John