upgrade path bp7-->turbo-->?

2007-05-21 08:59:00 PM
delphi142
I maintain/dev. a bp7 console app used 24736 commercially. As proof of
concept I have ported the program to turbo delphi in console mode, and have
it running on a few terminals as beta code. I have been given the go ahead
to complete the transition, but to do so I will need to be able to use "add
ins" in delphi. So I need to go "pro." But I cannot figure out the upgrade
path. tia...Steve~

Re:upgrade path bp7-->turbo-->?

I forgot to mention that the company owns D5 or D6, but nothing much was
ever done with it. The beta version was done in TurboDelphi...

Re:upgrade path bp7-->turbo-->?

stevel writes:
I maintain/dev. a bp7 console app used 24736 commercially. As proof
of concept I have ported the program to turbo delphi in console mode,
and have it running on a few terminals as beta code. I have been
given the go ahead to complete the transition, but to do so I will
need to be able to use "add ins" in delphi. So I need to go "pro."
But I cannot figure out the upgrade path. tia...Steve~
Steve --
You can buy Turbo Delphi Professional here:
www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_Main.Entry17c&CI
D=0&PID=858321&PN=1&V1=858321&CUR=840&DSP=&PGRP=0&ABCODE=&CACHE_ID=0
is that the link you were looking for?
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear

Re:upgrade path bp7-->turbo-->?

Hey Nick, thanks for the response. What is the "upgrade" path/pricing? This
is a project that started in tp1, was supposed to continue in d1, had an
alpha in d5 of d6, and is now in beta with td(1?). tia Steve~

Re:upgrade path bp7-->turbo-->?

stevel writes:
Hey Nick, thanks for the response. What is the "upgrade"
path/pricing? This is a project that started in tp1, was supposed to
continue in d1, had an alpha in d5 of d6, and is now in beta with
td(1?). tia Steve~
Steve --
I'm sorry, I don't have the pricing at hand. it is an "irregular" SKU.
It is higher than the regular upgrade price from regular (non-turbo)
editions. -- I think it is in the $550 range.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear
blogs.codegear.com/nickhodges

Re:upgrade path bp7-->turbo-->?

Nick, so we can either go to TurboDelphi Pro or BDS2007? Is there upgrade
pricing on the Turbo version, given we're coming from D5/6? Sorry for all
the questions, but I am finding the situation confusing...thanx...Steve~

Re:upgrade path bp7-->turbo-->?

stevel writes:
Nick, so we can either go to TurboDelphi Pro or BDS2007? Is there
upgrade pricing on the Turbo version, given we're coming from D5/6?
Sorry for all the questions, but I am finding the situation
confusing...thanx...Steve~
If you have D5 or D6, I would strongly recommend ugrading to Delphi 2007.
I'd also recommend getting Software Assurance with that.