Migration from D5 to D2007?

2007-07-07 10:25:24 AM
delphi224
Is there a comprehensive listing of the vcl enhancements that have been
added since D5? I just upgraded to Delphi 2007 and it appears that there are
many, many enhancements (DateUtils, etc.). I haven't located any matrices
or listings on CodeGear that provide a good listing of these improvements.
It's difficult to learn about them by just randomly encountering them.
Thanks.

Re:Migration from D5 to D2007?

aroberts writes:
Is there a comprehensive listing of the vcl enhancements that have
been added since D5? I just upgraded to Delphi 2007 and it appears that
there are many, many enhancements (DateUtils, etc.). I haven't
located any matrices or listings on CodeGear that provide a good
listing of these improvements. it is difficult to learn about them by
just randomly encountering them. Thanks.
I think Nick Hodges has started to compile something in this direction
on his blog. Don't have a direct link handy, but try to start at
blogs.codegear.com/community/delphi . The server seems to have
problems at the moment, though.
--
Peter Below (TeamB)
Don't be a vampire (slash7.com/pages/vampires),

Re:Migration from D5 to D2007?

"Peter Below (TeamB)" <none>writes
aroberts writes:

>Is there a comprehensive listing of the vcl enhancements that have
>been added since D5? I just upgraded to Delphi 2007 and it appears that
>there are many, many enhancements (DateUtils, etc.). I haven't
>located any matrices or listings on CodeGear that provide a good
>listing of these improvements. it is difficult to learn about them by
>just randomly encountering them. Thanks.

I think Nick Hodges has started to compile something in this direction
on his blog. Don't have a direct link handy, but try to start at
blogs.codegear.com/community/delphi . The server seems to have
problems at the moment, though.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
Don't be a vampire (slash7.com/pages/vampires),
use the newsgroup archives :
www.tamaracka.com/search.htm
groups.google.com
Thanks for the tip. that is a great and helpful area.