Re: Found the cause to debugging problems (I think)

2005-12-17 01:26:13 AM
delphi189
RGreen writes:
"This program will instal SCSI Pass Trough Direct (SPTD) layer on
your computer. Warning - SPTD is not compatible with kernel mode
de{*word*81}s (Soft ICE, WinDBG etc)! Pleace cancel setup if you plan to
use kernel de{*word*81} on this machine"

Funny thing is Delphi 7 and D2005 worked fine with Daemon Tools installed,
butnot D2006. Maybe something has changed... Oh well. Bye DT.
I dont remember the old version of daemon tools doing that.. so I guess
it maybe a new thing..
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

Re: Found the cause to debugging problems (I think)

After the problem described in some other threads in this newsgroup, where
placing a breakpoint made the computer freeze, I began
uninstalling-reinstalling every single piece of software I have. After
uninstalling Daemon-Tools, the problem went away. Daemon tools is a "virtual
CD" program that creates phantom cds from image files (iso, bin-cue, etc).
It installs a driver which simulates a SCSII bus on the computer. After I
re-installed DT, the problem began again.
Reading on Google I about this program I found this interesting note:
"This program will instal SCSI Pass Trough Direct (SPTD) layer on your
computer. Warning - SPTD is not compatible with kernel mode de{*word*81}s (Soft
ICE, WinDBG etc)! Pleace cancel setup if you plan to use kernel de{*word*81} on
this machine"
Funny thing is Delphi 7 and D2005 worked fine with Daemon Tools installed, butnot
D2006. Maybe something has changed... Oh well. Bye DT.

Re: Found the cause to debugging problems (I think)

SPTD is a new (and very buggy) feature of Daemon Tools 4.0
All previous versions are free of it (I use 3.47 and Delphi 7 and 2006
de{*word*81} works fine, as well as the one from VS2005 and WinDBG).
Alexander Tereshchenko
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
If I live through this job without completely losing my mind,
it will be a miracle of Biblical proportions.
-- Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Liz writes:
RGreen writes:

>"This program will instal SCSI Pass Trough Direct (SPTD) layer on
>your computer. Warning - SPTD is not compatible with kernel mode
>de{*word*81}s (Soft ICE, WinDBG etc)! Pleace cancel setup if you plan to
>use kernel de{*word*81} on this machine"
>
>Funny thing is Delphi 7 and D2005 worked fine with Daemon Tools installed,
>butnot D2006. Maybe something has changed... Oh well. Bye DT.

I dont remember the old version of daemon tools doing that.. so I guess
it maybe a new thing..

Re: Found the cause to debugging problems (I think)

>RGreen writes:
>
>>"This program will instal SCSI Pass Trough Direct (SPTD) layer on
>>your computer. Warning - SPTD is not compatible with kernel mode
>>de{*word*81}s (Soft ICE, WinDBG etc)! Pleace cancel setup if you plan to
>>use kernel de{*word*81} on this machine"
>>
>>Funny thing is Delphi 7 and D2005 worked fine with Daemon Tools installed,
>>butnot D2006. Maybe something has changed... Oh well. Bye DT.
>

>I dont remember the old version of daemon tools doing that.. so I guess
>it maybe a new thing..

I use Daemon tools 4.0HE and Delphi2006(Enterprise).
I cannot reproduce your problem. My de{*word*81} is working fine
What could be different in my setup versus yours?
What steps do you exactly take to get this?
Did you have some special options in DaemonTools activated?
BR
Marc