Delphi 1: Cannot run/step the process.

Hi,

I am having some problems with Delphi 1.x and I don't know where
to start in fixing them.

The problem is that whenever I run my compiled app from within the
Delphi 1.02 IDE, I get a message box that says:
        "Cannot run/step the process"

The thing is, the application still runs. Other times, instead of getting
that message box I'll get a divide by 0 error in my app, yet the app
still runs (even before dismissing the error)!! My guess is that the IDE
is running two copies of my application for whatever reason. Has
anyone else had this problem?

There seems to be a lot of bugs in Delphi 1.x when handling large
projects. Previously, when my app GPF'd it would take me to the
correct offending source line. Now, no such luck. The GPF occurs
with no indication of where the error is. Also, 75% of the time once
I dismiss the GPF, Delphi itself will also GPF in both Delphi.exe and
the infamous PAS*.DLL module. This is all under Win95 with
debugging info on and break on exception checked BTW.

If you could steer me in the right direction regarding these problems,
or even better point me to a patch, I would appreciate it! What
version of the 16-bit environment comes with Delphi 3?

James.
--
James Waletzky          ja...@ncompasslabs.com
Software Engineer

Re:Delphi 1: Cannot run/step the process.

In article <01bc5b24$ebe47720$57a42...@aegeus.ncompasslabs.com>, "James Waletzky" <ja...@ncompasslabs.com> wrote:

>Hi,

>I am having some problems with Delphi 1.x and I don't know where
>to start in fixing them.

>The problem is that whenever I run my compiled app from within the
>Delphi 1.02 IDE, I get a message box that says:
>        "Cannot run/step the process"

>The thing is, the application still runs. Other times, instead of getting
>that message box I'll get a divide by 0 error in my app, yet the app
>still runs (even before dismissing the error)!! My guess is that the IDE
>is running two copies of my application for whatever reason. Has
>anyone else had this problem?

>There seems to be a lot of bugs in Delphi 1.x when handling large
>projects. Previously, when my app GPF'd it would take me to the
>correct offending source line. Now, no such luck. The GPF occurs
>with no indication of where the error is. Also, 75% of the time once
>I dismiss the GPF, Delphi itself will also GPF in both Delphi.exe and
>the infamous PAS*.DLL module. This is all under Win95 with
>debugging info on and break on exception checked BTW.

>If you could steer me in the right direction regarding these problems,
>or even better point me to a patch, I would appreciate it! What
>version of the 16-bit environment comes with Delphi 3?

>James.
>--
>James Waletzky          ja...@ncompasslabs.com
>Software Engineer
>NCompass Labs           http://www.ncompasslabs.com/

Can you even step through it from the beginning instead of running it?

Dave Wedwick
dwedw...@bigfoot.com

Other Threads