Interbase. Is it available in the Developper edition?

I have Delphi 2, and I am developping an application that accesses
remote databases.  So far, to get the prototype going, I gave used
DBase4 files, but it would be a lot neater if I could package up all the
database stuff in a single Interbase file.

With the Developper edition, do I have access to any Interbase program
that will allow me to import DB4 or Access files and save them as IB
files.  I'm left pretty confused by the documentation....

Thanks for any help,

Olly Morgan

Re:Interbase. Is it available in the Developper edition?

o...@tattoo.ed.ac.uk (O Morgan) wrote:
>I have Delphi 2, and I am developping an application that accesses
>remote databases.  So far, to get the prototype going, I gave used
>DBase4 files, but it would be a lot neater if I could package up all the
>database stuff in a single Interbase file.
>With the Developper edition, do I have access to any Interbase program
>that will allow me to import DB4 or Access files and save them as IB
>files.  I'm left pretty confused by the documentation....

Delphi comes with a product called "Database Desktop" which does what
you want.  As usual for Borland, the documentation sucks.
Thomas Paul
TOMG...@Pipeline.Com
Dean Witter, Discover & Co.
New York City, NY USA