App CONSOLE in Delphi3

In Delphi 3, we can execute program .PAS in a window, with the directive
        {$APPTYPE CONSOLE}.

What are the equivalents in Delphi3 of the Pascal following instructions
(and the units necessary):

        clrScr, delay, readKey, gotoXY.

Thank you,

                Georges LeBel   Rimouski(Quebec), Canada

                georges_le...@car.qc.ca

Re:App CONSOLE in Delphi3

elev...@cegep-rimouski.qc.ca wrote in article
<343BF19E.1...@cegep-rimouski.qc.ca>...

> In Delphi 3, we can execute program .PAS in a window, with the directive
>    {$APPTYPE CONSOLE}.

> What are the equivalents in Delphi3 of the Pascal following instructions
> (and the units necessary):

>    clrScr, delay, readKey, gotoXY.

> Thank you,

>            Georges LeBel   Rimouski(Quebec), Canada

>            georges_le...@car.qc.ca

You can use "Sleep" in Delphi 2 or 3 for "Delay".

Several months ago (July 29th to be exact), Joe Hecht in
response to a question about console apps gave an
example of "SetConsoleTextAttribute" that I had never
heard of.

I checked the WINDOWS.PAS that comes with Delphi 3
professional, and there are a number of other "Console"
procedures, e.g., SetConsoleCtrlHandler, ReadConsoleA,
WriteConsoleA.  I haven't a clue where documentation
might exist for these.

If we're lucky, Joe Hecht will respond with even more details.

efg

Earl F. Glynn          EarlGl...@WorldNet.att.net
MedTech Research Corporation
Lenexa, KS  66219  USA