Any picture-format to BMP (in mem) and then back to any format

Hello

Does a freeware component exist which will let me load any picture
file-format into memory as a BMP (bitmap), and later save it back to a given
file-format (doesn't have to be the same as source).

Thanks,
Hans

Re:Any picture-format to BMP (in mem) and then back to any format

"Hans Frandsen" <ultrabru...@usa.net> wrote in message

> Does a freeware component exist which will let me load any picture
> file-format into memory as a BMP (bitmap), and later save it back to a
given
> file-format (doesn't have to be the same as source).

A TPicture can deal with all the registered file types, but that set is
fairly limited.
To get a variety of image formats, you'll likely need a commercial package.

efg

Re:Any picture-format to BMP (in mem) and then back to any format

Hi Hans,

Hans Frandsen wrote in <3aedce0a_2@dnews>:

> Does a freeware component exist which will let me load any picture
> file-format into memory as a BMP (bitmap),

You can use GraphicEx for non-commercial applications to read the most
popular graphic file formats.
http://www.lischke-online.de/Graphics.html#GraphicEx

There are any another libraries without source on the component sites,
eg. on http://www.torry.net.

> and later save it back to a given file-format (doesn't have to be
> the same as source).

I do not know any freeware library to do this. But, you can use
different libraries for special formats.

To a commercial application, I would recommend a commercial library,
there exist libraries for $50.

Bye Peter.

Re:Any picture-format to BMP (in mem) and then back to any format

Thanks Earl

TPicture seems to do the trick.

But how do I save the BITMAP to another format?

Hans

> TPicture seems to do the trick.

> But how do I save the BITMAP to another format?

Normally, you'll need to convert the TBitmap to the other format, and then
use a SaveToFile method.  Info about many conversions can be found on this
page:
http://homepages.borland.com/efg2lab/Library/Delphi/Graphics/FileForm...
onversion.htm

[I plan to redesign that page in the next few weeks since it's grown a bit
large.]

--
efg     e...@efg2.com     Earl F. Glynn, Overland Park, KS  USA

Mirror:  http://homepages.borland.com/efg2lab/Default.htm