SQL Server 2000

The BDE 5.11 has a native access to SQL Server 2000, without
using of ODBC Drivers?

If Exists, functions fine?

I can't use the ADO Express, because of compatibility with the
actual version.

I'm Waiting for your answer(s),

Guga, Brazil.

Re:SQL Server 2000

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001 20:06:04 -0300, "Gustavo" <sng...@bol.com.br>
wrote:

>The BDE 5.11 has a native access to SQL Server 2000, without
>using of ODBC Drivers?

No. The BDE natively and fully supports SQL Server up to version 6.5 -
anything beyond that (7.0, 2000 = 8.0) needs to go through ADO to take
full advantage of all its features, and to make it work smoothly and
reliably.

Marc

Marc Scheuner                                          Software Engineer
Quest Software Canada                       Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Email: marc.scheu...@quest.com                      http://www.quest.com

Re:SQL Server 2000

I'm using native access from BDE 5.11 with SQL 2000 without problems... the only thing is that I
can't use the new data types from SQL Server 7 and 2000. BDE works under DB Library, and DB Library
will not support these new data types. However, if you are creating a new project, it's a good idea
use ADO instead, because Microsoft don't garantee support to DBLibrary in the next versions of SQL
Server.

Regards,

Pitty
pi...@esys.com.br

"Gustavo" <sng...@bol.com.br> escreveu na mensagem news:3b4a3698_2@dnews...
| The BDE 5.11 has a native access to SQL Server 2000, without
| using of ODBC Drivers?
|
| If Exists, functions fine?
|
| I can't use the ADO Express, because of compatibility with the
| actual version.
|
| I'm Waiting for your answer(s),
|
| Guga, Brazil.

Re:SQL Server 2000

I have the following sql statment:

Select * From Docurec Where (isnull(CONVERT(DATETIME, CAST(DocuRec.VencEsp
AS VARCHAR(2)) + '/' + CAST(MONTH(DocuRec.DtVencimento) AS VARCHAR(2))+'/'+
CAST(YEAR(DocuRec.DtVencimento) AS VARCHAR(4)) ,113),Docurec.dtVencimento)

>= :MDtInicial)

and (isnull(CONVERT(DATETIME, CAST(DocuRec.VencEsp AS VARCHAR(2)) + '/' +
CAST(MONTH(DocuRec.DtVencimento) AS VARCHAR(2))+'/'+
CAST(YEAR(DocuRec.DtVencimento) AS VARCHAR(4)) ,113),Docurec.dtVencimento)
<= :MDtFinal)

it used to work with SQL Server 7 with TQuery component but it won't work
anymore with SQL Server 2000. When I try to open the TQuery I got the
following database error: General SQL error. Syntax error converting
datetime from character string.

I need help to solve it.

BTW, I'm using BDE 5.1.1 and the sql clause works just fine with ADO.

Re:SQL Server 2000

Does the query works fine over SQL2000 without Delphi?
By the way, as long as i know, SQL2000 is not supported in BDE, because
technical reasons related to Microsoft drivers.

--
Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo <SIRIO>
Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com

Re:SQL Server 2000

"Guillermo Casta?o" <Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com> ?????

> Does the query works fine over SQL2000 without Delphi?
> By the way, as long as i know, SQL2000 is not supported in BDE, because
> technical reasons related to Microsoft drivers.

Really? This is not a good news for me.  I am planing to upgrade SQL 7.0 to
SQL2000.  I want to know if I don't care and won't using full advange of
SQL2000, but only use simple SQL which is ok on SQL6.5, will my program run
ok to SQL 2000 by using DELPHI 5.0 C/S with BDE 5.11?

Thanks.

Ajax

Re:SQL Server 2000

There are definitely problems with using the BDE with SQL2000. Certain data
types (eg. NText) are not recognized by the BDE at all.
I had to embed an ADO OLE object to access SQL2000 properly.
But you should be able to use the ADOExpress components in Delphi 5 (if you
have Enterprise)

http://www.raize.com/DelphiByDesign/DbD60.htm

Robert.

ajax wrote:
> "Guillermo Casta?o" <Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com> ?????

> > Does the query works fine over SQL2000 without Delphi?
> > By the way, as long as i know, SQL2000 is not supported in BDE, because
> > technical reasons related to Microsoft drivers.

> Really? This is not a good news for me.  I am planing to upgrade SQL 7.0 to
> SQL2000.  I want to know if I don't care and won't using full advange of
> SQL2000, but only use simple SQL which is ok on SQL6.5, will my program run
> ok to SQL 2000 by using DELPHI 5.0 C/S with BDE 5.11?

> Thanks.

> Ajax

Other Threads