Errors in the IDE?

I have noticed that occasionally I spend a considerable amount of time
troubleshooting errors that occur within the Delphi environment (just
recently I am getting an ODBC read error when I try to connect to an
SQLA database).  Another application with the EXACT connect procedures
executes without problem in the environment.  To my suprise the compiled
application that is not EVER connecting in the environment IS ALWAYS
connecting when Delphi is not running.  This appears to be something to
do with Delphi 2.0 and "the project", not with the code itself.  I've
experienced this in the past and sometimes the "Build All" option clears
it up but not usually.  Most of the time I just s{*word*99} all the changes
I've made since the errors started popping up and re-write them.  Is
there some way to "reset the project" without systematically removing
components and procedures until things work correctly again?  Is there
something really STUPID I'm doing that is causing this to happen?
Thanks - Mike

Re:Errors in the IDE?

Michael Mount wrote:

> I have noticed that occasionally I spend a considerable amount of time
> troubleshooting errors that occur within the Delphi environment (just
> recently I am getting an ODBC read error when I try to connect to an
> SQLA database).  Another application with the EXACT connect procedures
> executes without problem in the environment.  To my suprise the compiled
> application that is not EVER connecting in the environment IS ALWAYS
> connecting when Delphi is not running.  This appears to be something to
> do with Delphi 2.0 and "the project", not with the code itself.  I've
> experienced this in the past and sometimes the "Build All" option clears
> it up but not usually.  Most of the time I just s{*word*99} all the changes
> I've made since the errors started popping up and re-write them.  Is
> there some way to "reset the project" without systematically removing
> components and procedures until things work correctly again?  Is there
> something really STUPID I'm doing that is causing this to happen?
> Thanks - Mike

Hi, Again -
Upon further evaluation of the problem (this may not be the right
newsgroup but...) the Sybase database engine is failing to start giving
me a communication link error.  The other programs ARE giving me the
same error in the environment.  Last week they were working.  If I try
to set the Database.Connected property to TRUE in the environment, I get
the same error followed by a page fault and Delphi shutdown.  The only
thing that has changed from last week to this week is that I loaded the
updated Delphi Help files.  I also found that if I manually kick off the
engine before executing the application in the environment that
everything works fine.  It's kind of a "hassle" work around.  Has anyone
experienced similiar problems and know of a "real" fix to this?  Thanks
In Advance - Mike

Other Threads