TDBLookupComboBox doesn't refresh itself

I am using Delphi 4 Standard on Win 95/98.
I have 2 TDBLookupComboBoxes on a form and a button.

The first Combo Box contains a list of names.  The second combo box
contains a list of items that are used by a person.  This is what I
would like to see happen.When I click on Person A, the second combo box
should present a list of items for Person A.  When I click on Person B,
the second combo box should present a list of items for Person B.

However, when I click on Person A, the list of items for person A is
displayed.  Then, when I click on Person B, the list of items from
Person A remains in the TDBLookUpComboBox.  I tried refresh, close/open
of the query.  Nothing seems to be working.  What is going on?

Thanks

Patrick Sabourin B.Sc. (Comp. Sci.)
email: patrick_sabou...@technologist.com
web site: http://surf.to/patrick-sabourin

"Even a mosquito doesn't get a slap on the back until
 he starts to work."
                     -Unknown