"Some Internal Limit"

We have recently been getting the error message "Some Internal Limit - see
context" on several different installations of our software. We can't
establish a pattern, and it's not the most helpful error message I've seen
;-)

Anybody got any clues we could chase, please? We've tried the obvious
(checking for memory leaks etc), but there's nothing obvious, except that
it appears to be connected to the BDE.

TIA

Sean.
s...@cix.co.uk

Re:"Some Internal Limit"

>We have recently been getting the error message "Some Internal Limit - see
>context" on several different installations of our software. We can't
>establish a pattern, and it's not the most helpful error message I've seen
>;-)

I dont know the real answer, but I will try to give you a "wild guess".
Perhaps you need to increase block size, because record has not enough room
for data?

Re:"Some Internal Limit"

Buch wrote:

> >We have recently been getting the error message "Some Internal Limit - see
> >context" on several different installations of our software. We can't
> >establish a pattern, and it's not the most helpful error message I've seen
> >;-)

> I dont know the real answer, but I will try to give you a "wild guess".
> Perhaps you need to increase block size, because record has not enough room
> for data?

Hi.  May I suggest posting some samples.  Several from each compute5r if
you can.  Maybe someone here will see a pattern. Also post any error msg
numbers.  Layout the systems bveing used for a better defininition of the
problem.  That may help.

Regards, -= Lou Rizzuto =-

Re:"Some Internal Limit"

Sean Fitt <s...@globalnet.co.uk> wrote in article
<01bce95e$20afa1b0$02000064@stonkers-return>...

> We have recently been getting the error message "Some Internal Limit -
see
> context" on several different installations of our software. We can't
> establish a pattern, and it's not the most helpful error message I've
seen
> ;-)

> Anybody got any clues we could chase, please? We've tried the obvious
> (checking for memory leaks etc), but there's nothing obvious, except that
> it appears to be connected to the BDE.

I know you've said there are no memory leaks, so please don't take this the
wrong way, but are you really sure?  I ran into that same problem when I
was unintentionally creating a TTable object, opening a table, and then
never closing or freeing the object but simply creating and opening another
TTable object  using the same variable.  After about 20 or so tables being
opened and not closed, I would get this "Some Internal Limit" error -- and
you're right: it's VERY helpful, isn't it <g>...

If it's really not a memory leak, the other thing to check is how many
tables you are opening up at one time, possibly also checking the number of
file handles available -- that sort of thing.

Hope this helps...

Re:"Some Internal Limit"

The BDE does have memory leaks,  i have checked it using bounds checker, the
problem seems to be concerned with repeatedly reopening the same query.  You
can get round this by clossing and freeing all the data access objects
associated with the session and reopenning them on aprox the 300th
itteration of the SQL statement.  I dont often use tables myself but perhaps
this is a simmilar problem to the one with queries.

Scott Hamilton wrote in message <01bcedce$d1616c40$91332299@hamilton>...
>Sean Fitt <s...@globalnet.co.uk> wrote in article
><01bce95e$20afa1b0$02000064@stonkers-return>...

>> We have recently been getting the error message "Some Internal Limit -
>see
>> context" on several different installations of our software. We can't
>> establish a pattern, and it's not the most helpful error message I've
>seen
>> ;-)

>> Anybody got any clues we could chase, please? We've tried the obvious
>> (checking for memory leaks etc), but there's nothing obvious, except that
>> it appears to be connected to the BDE.

>I know you've said there are no memory leaks, so please don't take this the
>wrong way, but are you really sure?  I ran into that same problem when I
>was unintentionally creating a TTable object, opening a table, and then
>never closing or freeing the object but simply creating and opening another
>TTable object  using the same variable.  After about 20 or so tables being
>opened and not closed, I would get this "Some Internal Limit" error -- and
>you're right: it's VERY helpful, isn't it <g>...

>If it's really not a memory leak, the other thing to check is how many
>tables you are opening up at one time, possibly also checking the number of
>file handles available -- that sort of thing.

>Hope this helps...

Other Threads