Delphi and Sage Accounting software

This isn't strictly the correct place to ask this I suspect but here goes...

I've been asked to develop an application which is to interact with some
Sage software. Now I do not have access to Sage at present but am simply
investigating whether there is any info. on programing Sage (preferably with
Delphi), i.e. an automation model or ADO provider or DLL's etc.. Does anyone
have any code or can anyone point me to any resources on such development ?

I have checked the Sage web site which mentions a developer's toolkit, but
unless I'm wrong, it requires a membership of the "developer programme" and
at 1000 for the first year would means I'd have to produce the application
at quite a large loss - not something I wish to do :-(

If anyone can help with info. etc. that would be great.

Thanks
Mark

Re:Delphi and Sage Accounting software

?

> I have checked the Sage web site which mentions a developer's toolkit, but
> unless I'm wrong, it requires a membership of the "developer programme"
and
> at 1000 for the first year would means I'd have to produce the
application
> at quite a large loss - not something I wish to do :-(

> If anyone can help with info. etc. that would be great.

I've done a _little_ work with Sage Line 50 and 100 using ODBC which worked
ok once I got the correct sage odbc dll from sage - many calls to their tech
support guys.

Can't tell you more - this was about 2 years ago.

Roy.

Re:Delphi and Sage Accounting software

> I've done a _little_ work with Sage Line 50 and 100 using ODBC which
worked
> ok once I got the correct sage odbc dll from sage - many calls to their
tech
> support guys.

> Can't tell you more - this was about 2 years ago.

> Roy.

Thanks for the response.

All I've found out so far is that to get the ActiveX control that is part of
Sage's development kit I must spend 1000 on becoming a member of their
developer programme and own a whole load of their software which totals
something like 2000. Talk about rip off...

Mark

Other Threads