JPEG in Delphi 2.0 programs?

Hello,
does anybody know a way to convert/display a .jpg-file into a windows
bitmap? Maybe as a component?
Thank you
Hartmut Pfarr

Re:JPEG in Delphi 2.0 programs?

I have copies of ImageLib VCL and ImageKnife OCX, both work fine with
JPEG's in Delphi 2.

Ron.

In article <4nvjhp$...@news00.btx.dtag.de>,

--
Ron Loewy, HyperAct, Inc. +1 (515) 987 2910  | rlo...@hyperact.com
Authoring tools and Delphi components - try us!

Hartmut Pfarr wrote:

> Hello,
> does anybody know a way to convert/display a .jpg-file into a windows
> bitmap? Maybe as a component?
> Thank you
> Hartmut Pfarr

Try the ImageLib VCL from Skyline Software.  You can get it from the ZAC software
catalog.  I have the 3.1 Pro version that runs under Delphi 1.0.  I plan to upgrade to
the 32-bit version for Delphi 2.0.  It works very well, comes with source, and I have
used it in several production applications.

The package also includes improved mediaplayer components, as well as other
image/multi-media related VCLs.

The cost from ZAC was, I think, about $90.00 for the 16-bit version.  I have yet to
ask Skyline about the price of upgrading to the 32-bit VCLs, but plan to.  I have
several projects starting soon for Delphi 2.0.

HTH!
--
Dr. Derick Lopez
DSoft Technology

Pf...@t-online.de (Hartmut Pfarr) wrote:
>Hello,
>does anybody know a way to convert/display a .jpg-file into a windows
>bitmap? Maybe as a component?
>Thank you
>Hartmut Pfarr

Yes I believe there are three ways:

1) A group of components called ImageLib (can be found on CIS).
2) A component called LightImages
3) Microsoft/Wang Image OCX (www.microsoft.com)

John

Derick W. Lopez wrote:

> Hartmut Pfarr wrote:

> > Hello,
> > does anybody know a way to convert/display a .jpg-file into a windows
> > bitmap? Maybe as a component?
> > Thank you
> > Hartmut Pfarr

> Try the ImageLib VCL from Skyline Software.  You can get it from the ZAC software
> catalog.  I have the 3.1 Pro version that runs under Delphi 1.0.  I plan to upgrade to
> the 32-bit version for Delphi 2.0.  It works very well, comes with source, and I have
> used it in several production applications.

> The package also includes improved mediaplayer components, as well as other
> image/multi-media related VCLs.

> The cost from ZAC was, I think, about $90.00 for the 16-bit version.  I have yet to
> ask Skyline about the price of upgrading to the 32-bit VCLs, but plan to.  I have
> several projects starting soon for Delphi 2.0.

> HTH!
> --
> Dr. Derick Lopez
> DSoft Technology
> A Colorado 8(a) Software Consulting company...

If you only wish to display JPGs, you can get the Apple QuickTime SDK
for Windows for free.  I got it on an animations CD that was included
with some magazine and it works great!  I'm sure I've seen it on-line
as well (check Yahoo).  The version I got even included a couple of VBXs
for Quicktime movies and pictures (JPGs).  It is really easy to use,
even if you resort to calling the API directly.

Hartmut Pfarr wrote:

> Hello,
> does anybody know a way to convert/display a .jpg-file into a windows
> bitmap? Maybe as a component?
> Thank you
> Hartmut Pfarr

The Apple Quicktime SDK contains tools to do this and it's free.

Re:JPEG in Delphi 2.0 programs?

On Mon, 27 May 1996 07:37:43 -0500, "Daryl L. Knowles"

<dknow...@flash.net> wrote:
> does anybody know a way to convert/display a .jpg-file into a windows
> bitmap? Maybe as a component?
[snip]
>If you only wish to display JPGs, you can get the Apple QuickTime SDK
>for Windows for free.  I got it on an animations CD that was included
>with some magazine and it works great!  I'm sure I've seen it on-line
>as well (check Yahoo).  The version I got even included a couple of VBXs
>for Quicktime movies and pictures (JPGs).  It is really easy to use,
>even if you resort to calling the API directly.

Where can I get it?  I only want to display JPG.  Would you kindly
email the Apple QuickTime SDK to me since it is free?  I would be
very, very, very glad indeed.

Finest regards,
Sam

         \||||||||/
          | \  / |
         (| @  @ |)
*****oOOo***(__)***oOOo********

From the desk of Song Weng Sam

Email : son...@pacific.net.sg
Pager : 9-492-4014

*****oOOo**********oOOo********

<dknow...@flash.net> wrote:
>> does anybody know a way to convert/display a .jpg-file into a windows
>> bitmap? Maybe as a component?
>[snip]
>>If you only wish to display JPGs, you can get the Apple QuickTime SDK
>>for Windows for free.  I got it on an animations CD that was included
>>with some magazine and it works great!  I'm sure I've seen it on-line
>>as well (check Yahoo).  The version I got even included a couple of VBXs
>>for Quicktime movies and pictures (JPGs).  It is really easy to use,
>>even if you resort to calling the API directly.

Sounds great - thank you very much...
but now... vbx's are old and not to be used by delphi 2.0 (am i
right?)
----> is there someone who knows a small OCX for simply displaying
JPGs in Delphi 2.0?
Greetings
    Hartmut Pfarr

Re:JPEG in Delphi 2.0 programs?

Pf...@t-online.de (Hartmut Pfarr) wrote:
>----> is there someone who knows a small OCX for simply displaying
>JPGs in Delphi 2.0?

Yes , Hartmut.

Wang Imaging for Windows 95 is available from the Microsoft site.
It was written by Wang, but is free and will be included in
future version of Win95.

It's image viewer handles JPEG ans some others.

It also has TWAIN support, but your TWAIN Data Source must be Ver 1.6
to work fully with all options.

John Hall / Digital Magic <ha...@cadvision.com>
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" (Arthur C. Clarke)

On 2 Jun 1996 18:32:06 GMT, Pf...@t-online.de (Hartmut Pfarr) wrote:

>Sounds great - thank you very much...
>but now... vbx's are old and not to be used by delphi 2.0 (am i
>right?)
>----> is there someone who knows a small OCX for simply displaying
>JPGs in Delphi 2.0?
>Greetings
>    Hartmut Pfarr

I just got GvBox Ocx, a shareware ocx that can display about every
picture format there is. Do an archie search for 'gvocx.zip'.

Take care,
Marcus

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Marcus Monnig - minib...@cs.tu-berlin.de - PGP Public Key on request

http://www.cs.tu-berlin.de/~minibbjd
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Re:JPEG in Delphi 2.0 programs?

John W Hall wrote:

[...]
> Wang Imaging for Windows 95 is available from the Microsoft site.
> It was written by Wang, but is free and will be included in
> future version of Win95.

> It's image viewer handles JPEG ans some others.
>    I heard about this the other day - I found something that

appeared to be a Microsoft site but I couldn't find any Wang there.
If you had incredibly explicit instructions on how an idiot like me
could find this Wang thing that would be greatly appreciated.

--
David Ullrich
Sig file accidentally deleted - sorry.

Re:JPEG in Delphi 2.0 programs?

On Mon, 10 Jun 1996 15:08:06 -0500, David Ullrich

<ullr...@math.okstate.edu> wrote:
>    I heard about this the other day - I found something that
>appeared to be a Microsoft site but I couldn't find any Wang there.
>If you had incredibly explicit instructions on how an idiot like me
>could find this Wang thing that would be greatly appreciated.

I had some trouble, too. People just don't post URLs nowadays.

http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWS/SOFTWARE.HTM

Be sure to get the right version for your Windows version (language).

For the US version you can also do an archie search for img_us.exe.

Take care,
Marcus

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

David Ullrich wrote:

> John W Hall wrote:
> [...]
> > Wang Imaging for Windows 95 is available from the Microsoft site.
> > It was written by Wang, but is free and will be included in
> > future version of Win95.

> > It's image viewer handles JPEG ans some others.
> >       I heard about this the other day - I found something that
> appeared to be a Microsoft site but I couldn't find any Wang there.
> If you had incredibly explicit instructions on how an idiot like me
> could find this Wang thing that would be greatly appreciated.

> --
> David Ullrich
> Sig file accidentally deleted - sorry.

Try www.wang.com or call 1-800-229-2973

Bill

Re:JPEG in Delphi 2.0 programs?

David Ullrich <ullr...@math.okstate.edu> wrote:
>If you had incredibly explicit instructions on how an idiot like me
>could find this Wang thing that would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/software/img_us.htm

- Harry

Anansi, a freeware project-centered HTML-editor:
http://www.noord.bART.nl/~har2312/english/anansi.html

Other Threads