Screen capture before screen save problems !

Hi,

I'm currently developping a screen saver, and when I launch it in
preview or test mode,
the screen is correctly captured. But when windows launch it to save
screen, only the
background is captured. All windows and icons on the desktop have
disappeared !

I think that there's an event that hide the desktop contents before
saving, but I don't
know which one it is !

Have someone a solution ?

Thanks,   Edouard

--
-----------------------------
Edouard Cugni

Re:Screen capture before screen save problems !

Edouard Cugni wrote:
> I'm currently developping a screen saver, and when I launch it in
> preview or test mode,
> the screen is correctly captured. But when windows launch it to save
> screen, only the
> background is captured. All windows and icons on the desktop have
> disappeared !

Ah what?
Windows does NOT save the screen!
Windows just asks all windows to repaint to get a screen update.

If you mean that your screen saver cobblers the destop image, then:
1.  You need to send a resresh method to get all windows to repaint
themselves, or
2.  Create your own Bitmap, and firststore the screen image, then paint
it back later.

> I think that there's an event that hide the desktop contents before
> saving, but I don't know which one it is !

No don't think such an event exists!
If you want the screen to be blanl before your screen saver starts, then
(say) try painting a big black square over the screen!

--
Charles Hacker
Lecturer in Electronics and Computing

Other Threads