SQL Server slows down

We are using delphi 3.0 with sql server 6.5. The program we are using
generate lot of data entry. Sometimes the server slows down and for the
user it takes lot of time to post the records. (using stored procedures
to insert the data). This situation occur most of the times when someone
is creating reports using crystal reports. Any thoughts? Please help

Re:SQL Server slows down

I think SQL server will lock all records while the report is in progress

Jawad Malik wrote in message <34FEB3A3.DC459...@erols.com>...
>We are using delphi 3.0 with sql server 6.5. The program we are using
>generate lot of data entry. Sometimes the server slows down and for the
>user it takes lot of time to post the records. (using stored procedures
>to insert the data). This situation occur most of the times when someone
>is creating reports using crystal reports. Any thoughts? Please help

Re:SQL Server slows down

I had the same problem
By adding  (nolock) after the name tables like select * from Table(nolock),
you can fix it

Mark

Adrian Billingham a crit:

> I think SQL server will lock all records while the report is in progress

> Jawad Malik wrote in message <34FEB3A3.DC459...@erols.com>...
> >We are using delphi 3.0 with sql server 6.5. The program we are using
> >generate lot of data entry. Sometimes the server slows down and for the
> >user it takes lot of time to post the records. (using stored procedures
> >to insert the data). This situation occur most of the times when someone
> >is creating reports using crystal reports. Any thoughts? Please help

Other Threads