Multi-User Access 2K System

I'm currently developing a system using Delphi 5 and MS Access
2000, and would like to make this a multi user package i.e.
no of users 3-5 on average. How would I achieve this i.e. login,
user accounts, locking tables, is there any literature/web sites
I could follow which would help me with this ?

Also how do I stop people/users opening the DB using MS Access,
all I want is for them to open the DB through the system.

I look forward to any help.

Thanks

Elfyn

Re:Multi-User Access 2K System

>I'm currently developing a system using Delphi 5 and MS Access
>2000, and would like to make this a multi user package i.e.
>no of users 3-5 on average. How would I achieve this i.e. login,
>user accounts, locking tables, is there any literature/web sites
>I could follow which would help me with this ?

>Also how do I stop people/users opening the DB using MS Access,
>all I want is for them to open the DB through the system.

For Access 2K BDE isn't an option unless you want to use an Access ODBC driver.
ADO is the best choice.  If you want User level security you can manage it with
SQL from ADO.  The database driver will handle record locking I don't know why
you want to lock tables.  To keep other users out you can either control the
user level password or set a database level password.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Multi-User Access 2K System

I am not so sure weather the Access2K is easy to corroupt or not, but the
Access97 is easy to be. but I guess that's maybe because I used TTable
instead of the TQuery.
so I would suggest not use the TADOTable if you can

david

"Elfyn Jones" <elf...@aol.com> wrote in message news:3b7d1108$1_1@dnews...

> I'm currently developing a system using Delphi 5 and MS Access
> 2000, and would like to make this a multi user package i.e.
> no of users 3-5 on average. How would I achieve this i.e. login,
> user accounts, locking tables, is there any literature/web sites
> I could follow which would help me with this ?

> Also how do I stop people/users opening the DB using MS Access,
> all I want is for them to open the DB through the system.

> I look forward to any help.

> Thanks

> Elfyn

Other Threads