SQL insert not working on open tables

Hi,

my problem is: using Paradox tables, when I open one with a TQuery (select *
from _table_ where ....), running another query (insert .... into _table_ )
with ExecSQL gives the following error:
"Cannot perform ... on an open dataset"

Why is that? Does it mean that I have to close all of my queries before
attempting to insert? Or just some BDE setting needs adjustment?

w.

Re:SQL insert not working on open tables

It might be that the BDE does not like more than 1 request live query. Is it
possible to set one of the queries to request live to false?
wotan <wo...@freemail.c3.hu> wrote in message

> Hi,

> my problem is: using Paradox tables, when I open one with a TQuery (select
*
> from _table_ where ....), running another query (insert .... into
_table_ )
> with ExecSQL gives the following error:
> "Cannot perform ... on an open dataset"

> Why is that? Does it mean that I have to close all of my queries before
> attempting to insert? Or just some BDE setting needs adjustment?

> w.

Re:SQL insert not working on open tables

That must be it. It works now. Perhaps an article from Borlan would be fine
on this topic.

Thanks.

w.

Les Piotrowski <l...@municipal-associates.com> wrote in message

> It might be that the BDE does not like more than 1 request live query. Is
it
> possible to set one of the queries to request live to false?
> wotan <wo...@freemail.c3.hu> wrote in message
> > with ExecSQL gives the following error:
> > "Cannot perform ... on an open dataset"

Other Threads