don't unload the BDE ?

As I understand the BDE stays loaded in memory as long as there
exists an application requiring its service?

Is there a way I can stop the BDE from unloading from memory  (D1&W31)
to receive a small performance gain when starting the program again (or
another program requiring the BDE)

Kalevi Ratschunas

Re:don't unload the BDE ?

No.  The BDE is a series of DLL's.  Windows takes care of loading and
unloading any DLL and you have no control over this.  The only way to
keep the BDE loaded would be to write a small program that used it
(just drop a TTable on a form) and keep that program running.

Bill

(Sorry but TeamB cannot answer support questions received via email.              )
(To send me email for any other reason remove .nospam from my address.)

Other Threads