Data aware components in non-DB application

I am using a data aware pop-up calendar component (for which I only have
the .DCU file) in a standalone application which does *not* do any
database access.

Of course when I compile this and try to run the .EXE file on another PC
without the BDE installed, I get the dreaded 'Cannot initialize BDE...'
error. Since I cannot modify the component code, and I do not want to
use another component, can anyone advise me on the minimum set of BDE
files that I need to install to 'fool' the program that the BDE is
there?
--
Barney Tyrwhitt-Drake

Re:Data aware components in non-DB application

On Thu, 17 Oct 1996 10:59:05 +0100, Barney Tyrwhitt-Drake

<bar...@tdrake.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>I am using a data aware pop-up calendar component (for which I only have
>the .DCU file) in a standalone application which does *not* do any
>database access.

>Of course when I compile this and try to run the .EXE file on another PC
>without the BDE installed, I get the dreaded 'Cannot initialize BDE...'
>error. Since I cannot modify the component code, and I do not want to
>use another component, can anyone advise me on the minimum set of BDE
>files that I need to install to 'fool' the program that the BDE is
>there?

Checkout the file "DEPLOY.TXT" in your \Delphi directory.
--
Stefan Hoffmeister                       Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Uni-Passau.de
University of Passau, Bavaria, Germany

Barney Tyrwhitt-Drake wrote:

> I am using a data aware pop-up calendar component (for which I only have
> the .DCU file) in a standalone application which does *not* do any
> database access.

> Of course when I compile this and try to run the .EXE file on another PC
> without the BDE installed, I get the dreaded 'Cannot initialize BDE...'
> error. Since I cannot modify the component code, and I do not want to
> use another component, can anyone advise me on the minimum set of BDE
> files that I need to install to 'fool' the program that the BDE is
> there?
> --
> Barney Tyrwhitt-Drake

You really ought to get the non-dataaware version of the component. Most
DataAware comps have a non DA version.

My $0.02...

Matthew

Matthew McDermott
McDermott Enterprises
matt...@lightspeed.net
My Web Page: http://userzweb.lightspeed.net/~mattmcd
Director of Information Services & Adjunct Professor - Mathematics
The American College of Prehospital Medicine: http://www.acpm.edu/