Writing Windows DLL Files in TP7 - Need Help!

Does anyone know if you can write DLL files in TP7.  These DLL files would
be used for Windows based programming.  I found a WebPage for mixing Pascal
with VB, but when I do all of the stuff it says, Like replacing "Program" or
"Unit" with "Library" the syntax checker hilites "Library" as being a
reserved word, but when I try to compile it, it gives me an error "BEGIN
Expected"

Thanks,
David M. Jones
djone...@mindspring.com

Re:Writing Windows DLL Files in TP7 - Need Help!

"David M. Jones" wrote:

> Does anyone know if you can write DLL files in TP7.  These DLL files would
> be used for Windows based programming.  I found a WebPage for mixing Pascal
> with VB, but when I do all of the stuff it says, Like replacing "Program" or
> "Unit" with "Library" the syntax checker hilites "Library" as being a
> reserved word, but when I try to compile it, it gives me an error "BEGIN
> Expected"

> Thanks,
> David M. Jones
> djone...@mindspring.com

You cant write a dll in tp7 as tp7 only produces dos code.

Alex
--
** Pepsi Cola and Animal protection **
**  http://www.pepsi{*word*76}bath.com/  **

Author of the free Chatsystem PINO!
Available at http://pino.cjb.net

Re:Writing Windows DLL Files in TP7 - Need Help!

if TP7 only produces DOS code, why does TP7 include SEVERal Windows Units?

"David M. Jones" wrote:

> if TP7 only produces DOS code, why does TP7 include SEVERal
> Windows Units?

You are confusing BP 7 with TP 7.

BP 7 "was" the professional version of TP 7, it included a Win3.x
compiler and a lot more tools etc. And it allowed DPMI programming.

But it is no longer sold by Borland and it is no longer supported.
And it was more expensive (a lot more) than TP 7.

Regards,
http://members.eunet.at/meg-glaser/           mailto:meg-gla...@eunet.at
http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/ http://members.xoom.com/f_glaser/

Re:Writing Windows DLL Files in TP7 - Need Help!

Im Artikel <3828B98A.76F6E...@eunet.at>, "Ing. Franz Glaser"
<meg-gla...@eunet.at> schreibt:

>BP 7 "was" the professional version of TP 7

Oh, is that a similar difference like between TC and BC?

'T'urbo products for DOS, and 'B'orland products also for Windows?

BTW: the first TC, which I was using, was for the Atari ST, not for MSDOS.

DoDi

Other Threads