Exit Code 101

I am getting a problem trying to run FreePascal. I get Exit Code 101
when I try to compile and run ANY program. I am using NT Version 4.
Anybody come across this?

John

Re:Exit Code 101

In article <VA.000000b5.02817...@tissandier.freeserve.co.uk>, John

Tissandier wrote:
>I am getting a problem trying to run FreePascal. I get Exit Code 101
>when I try to compile and run ANY program. I am using NT Version 4.
>Anybody come across this?

I didn't, but from the manual:

101 Disk write error (Dos compiler only). Reported when the disk is full,
and you're trying to write to it.

Is the partition with the TEMP directory full?

Re:Exit Code 101

> 101 Disk write error (Dos compiler only). Reported when the disk is full,
> and you're trying to write to it.
> Is the partition with the TEMP directory full?

Thanks for the reply, but this can't be the problem as there is about 1GB
free. Compilation works, but trying to run from the IDE causes the error
after a delay. But the funny thing is that a working EXE file is produced!
It's just that I can't run programs from the IDE.

John

Re:Exit Code 101

In article <VA.000000b7.002ed...@tissandier.freeserve.co.uk>, John

Tissandier wrote:
>> 101 Disk write error (Dos compiler only). Reported when the disk is full,
>> and you're trying to write to it.
>> Is the partition with the TEMP directory full?

>Thanks for the reply, but this can't be the problem as there is about 1GB
>free. Compilation works, but trying to run from the IDE causes the error
>after a delay. But the funny thing is that a working EXE file is produced!
>It's just that I can't run programs from the IDE.

Another guess:

Then it could be the 2 Gb disklimit. That is only lifted in by the int ah=71
LFN extensions that aren't available in a NT dosbox.

Do you have a large disk as C: ?

If it is only the IDE, than get the win32 IDE. It allows you to develop for
dos too in principle.

Re:Exit Code 101

> Then it could be the 2 Gb disklimit. That is only lifted in by the int ah=71
> LFN extensions that aren't available in a NT dosbox.

> Do you have a large disk as C: ?

> If it is only the IDE, than get the win32 IDE. It allows you to develop for
> dos too in principle.

I am not yet very familiar with FreePascal and all that is bundled with it but
as far as I know it is the win32 IDE that I am currently testing, i.e.
FreePascal IDE for Win32 Version 0.9.1 2000/01/14 launched with "fp". This
works fine on my PC at home running Win98, but I get the problem at work. I
have tried on a variety of machines at college with different hardware but
they do all run under NT 4.

If I understand you correctly you are saying that the win32 IDE should not
suffer from the 2GB limit running under NT?

John

Re:Exit Code 101

In article <VA.000000b8.005b8...@tissandier.freeserve.co.uk>, John

Tissandier wrote:
>> Then it could be the 2 Gb disklimit. That is only lifted in by the int ah=71
>> LFN extensions that aren't available in a NT dosbox.

>> Do you have a large disk as C: ?

>> If it is only the IDE, than get the win32 IDE. It allows you to develop for
>> dos too in principle.

>I am not yet very familiar with FreePascal and all that is bundled with it but
>as far as I know it is the win32 IDE that I am currently testing, i.e.
>FreePascal IDE for Win32 Version 0.9.1 2000/01/14 launched with "fp". This
>works fine on my PC at home running Win98, but I get the problem at work. I
>have tried on a variety of machines at college with different hardware but
>they do all run under NT 4.

>If I understand you correctly you are saying that the win32 IDE should not
>suffer from the 2GB limit running under NT?

That is right, at least as long as you develop for windows, otherwise the
genearted programs might not support it.

Re:Exit Code 101

>> If I understand you correctly you are saying that the win32 IDE should not
>> suffer from the 2GB limit running under NT?
> That is right, at least as long as you develop for windows, otherwise the
> genearted programs might not support it.

What exactly do you mean by "develop for windows"? The executables I have produced
with FP all automatically run inside an MS-DOS window.

John

Re:Exit Code 101

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, John Tissandier wrote:
> >> If I understand you correctly you are saying that the win32 IDE should not
> >> suffer from the 2GB limit running under NT?

> > That is right, at least as long as you develop for windows, otherwise the
> > genearted programs might not support it.

> What exactly do you mean by "develop for windows"? The executables I have produced
> with FP all automatically run inside an MS-DOS window.

Command line window != MS-DOS window. For example xcopy32.exe is a Windows
command line program. The text mode programs generated by the Windows
version of FP are also Windows programs (unless you set the target to
go32v2)

Jonas

Other Threads