Pentium II Celeron will not run code

I have recently purchased a Pentium II Celeron.  I am running Windows 95
with 32Mb of RAM on a Novell Network.

For some reason, none of the sof{*word*53}e I write in Borland Pascal 6 or 7,
will run on this machine.  I get a Runtime Error 200, at an address that
can't be found.  The program would not even start executing.

What am I doing wrong?

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

Regards
MW

Re:Pentium II Celeron will not run code

MW de Jager wrote:

> I have recently purchased a Pentium II Celeron.  I am running Windows 95
> with 32Mb of RAM on a Novell Network.
> For some reason, none of the sof{*word*53}e I write in Borland Pascal 6 or 7,

There is not BP 6! it is TP 6.
> will run on this machine.  I get a Runtime Error 200, at an address that
> can't be found.  The program would not even start executing.

The famous RTE200 does not occur on TP 6 programs!
http://start.at/tp-links
has explanations and solutions
http://members.eunet.at/meg-glaser/           mailto:meg-gla...@eunet.at
http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/ http://members.xoom.com/f_glaser/

Re:Pentium II Celeron will not run code

In article <01beadab$95c3c2c0$b8531fc4@lexlines>,
  "MW de Jager" <mwdeja...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have recently purchased a Pentium II Celeron.  I am running Windows
> 95 with 32Mb of RAM on a Novell Network.

> For some reason, none of the sof{*word*53}e I write in Borland Pascal 6 or
> 7, will run on this machine.

Now there's a new one, RTE 200 in BP6...

> I get a Runtime Error 200, at an address  that can't be found.

Of course it can be found, you cannot find it.

> The program would not even start executing.

If it doesn't start, how can you get an error?

> What am I doing wrong?

You're paying Microsoft tax.

> If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

About everyone in this group can help.

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins
prin...@williscorroon.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Re:Pentium II Celeron will not run code

MW de Jager used chalk and slate for

>I have recently purchased a Pentium II Celeron.  I am running Windows 95
>with 32Mb of RAM on a Novell Network.

>For some reason, none of the sof{*word*53}e I write in Borland Pascal 6 or 7,
>will run on this machine.  I get a Runtime Error 200, at an address that
>can't be found.

*Sigh* Please read before writing, it saves us all time. Info:

Mini-FAQ posted weekly lists this. Copies in the newsgroup and at
                        http://www.pascal.force9.co.uk/faq/clpb-faq.txt
                        http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt
                        ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/doc-net/faqclpb.zip

Also Timo Salmi's FAQ - monthly pointer posted in clpb
                        ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
                        See #124

Incidentally, you should just get reduced delays in V6 *not* RTE200 - if you get
it in both V6 and V7 then there is a very good probability you have a divide by
0 error in your own program.
--
Pedt
Kellemes Karacsonyi Unnepeket

Re:Pentium II Celeron will not run code

In article <01beadab$95c3c2c0$b8531fc4@lexlines>,
MW de Jager <mwdeja...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have recently purchased a Pentium II Celeron.  I am running Windows 95
>with 32Mb of RAM on a Novell Network.

>For some reason, none of the sof{*word*53}e I write in Borland Pascal 6 or 7,
>will run on this machine.  I get a Runtime Error 200, at an address that
>can't be found.  The program would not even start executing.

>What am I doing wrong?

You are posting without reading first.

Use this before the CRT:

Unit Fdelay;             { Use this before CRT }

interface

const dfix:word=1;       { call delay() dfix times }

implementation

{$ifdef msdos}

uses dos;

procedure oldints; assembler; { "variables" in the code segment }
          asm dd 0,0 end;

Procedure error;
begin
  runerror(200);
End;

Procedure Int0; assembler;
          asm
          cmp cx,55       { If CX<>55 we are at some other point }
          je @ok
          sti
          call error
@ok:
          shr dx,1        { divide dx:ax by 2 }
          rcr ax,1
          shl Dfix,1      { multiply Dfix by 2 }
          iret            { return to the DIV (286+) }
          end;

{ Int21h handler removes the int0 handler (as well as itself) from the
  memory when CtrlBreak vector is set by CRT right after calculating
  the delay counter. Note DS does NOT point to the data segment when
  this is called }

Procedure Int21h; assembler;
          asm
          cmp ax,$251B
          jne @old               { Not setint 1Bh? }

          push es; push si; push di
          mov si,offset oldints
          xor di,di
          mov es,di
          cld
          segcs; movsw
          segcs; movsw           { restore int 0 }

          mov di,$21*4
          segcs; movsw           { restore int 21h }
          segcs; movsw
          pop di; pop si; pop es

@old:     jmp dword ptr cs:[oldints+4]
          end;