HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!

Hey there,  I'm a student woking on a project and I need some serious help.
If you have the time and know-how I would really appreciate it.  Here's what
its about.

NB.  Use turbo pascal 7 for DOS only.

This project is a tourist help centre.
I would like to scan in an image of a particular country,  and then use each
state/province  of that country as a button with a mouse unit.
The user must be able to click on a particular state/province after which
another image bearing the tourist spots and so on of that state/province
would appear.  A brief audio description of the state is also preferable.
Each province's info should be kept in a seperate file.

I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SCANNING IMAGES,  GRAPHICS OR AUDIO,  But I
would really appreciate your help in informing me on how to do the above
project.

Thanks in Advance.
Yusuf
email:  tradel...@intekom.co.za

Re:HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!

"Faizal Peer" <tradel...@intekom.co.za> wrote in message

> Hey there,  I'm a student woking on a project and I need some serious
help.
> If you have the time and know-how I would really appreciate it.  Here's
what
> its about.

> NB.  Use turbo pascal 7 for DOS only.

> This project is a tourist help centre.
> I would like to scan in an image of a particular country,  and then use
each
> state/province  of that country as a button with a mouse unit.
> The user must be able to click on a particular state/province after
which
> another image bearing the tourist spots and so on of that state/province
> would appear.  A brief audio description of the state is also
preferable.
> Each province's info should be kept in a seperate file.

> I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SCANNING IMAGES,  GRAPHICS OR AUDIO,  But I
> would really appreciate your help in informing me on how to do the above
> project.

Firstly, posting your question six or so times does not help. But everyone
does that occasionally, don't worry too much about it.

Secondly, TP7 is really not well suited for this sort of thing. You would
do much better to use a more advanced Windows compiler, perhaps something
like Delphi. That way you can use Windows support for the graphics, audio
and mouse. TP7 does come with a mouse driver in the Drivers unit (which is
part of Turbo Vision); however this is really intended to work in DOS
mode, and will probably not be suitable for what you want. (It can be used
in graphics mode, but at low spatial resolution; I use it in one program
at 640*480 resolution, and the position returned is basically (xpos/8,
ypos/8), i.e. something in 0..79, 0..59.) TP7 also only includes support
for up to 640*480*16 VGA graphics; you would need to get extra units and
drivers to be able to handle more sophisticated graphics. Similarly, audio
applications can be written but require extra units.

If you really want to use TP7, look at the SWAG material in www.gdsoft.com
for a start. But it will be an awful lot of work.

Best of all is probably to do this in HTML; there are many Web pages out
there with this sort of functionality, and it shouldn't be too hard to
copy the basic design.

--
The Scarlet Manuka

Re:HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!

Faizal Peer wrote:
> Hey there,  I'm a student woking on a project and I need some serious help.
> If you have the time and know-how I would really appreciate it.  Here's what
> its about.

> NB.  Use turbo pascal 7 for DOS only.

> This project is a tourist help centre.
> I would like to scan in an image of a particular country,  and then use each
> state/province  of that country as a button with a mouse unit.
> The user must be able to click on a particular state/province after which
> another image bearing the tourist spots and so on of that state/province
> would appear.  A brief audio description of the state is also preferable.
> Each province's info should be kept in a seperate file.

> I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SCANNING IMAGES,  GRAPHICS OR AUDIO,  But I
> would really appreciate your help in informing me on how to do the above
> project.

> Thanks in Advance.
> Yusuf
> email:  tradel...@intekom.co.za

Get www.gdsoft.org (or .com?) SWAG archive. This has something about
sound. Look at www.wotsit.org for the details of some graphics format
(e.g. BMP). Scan the image to this format (don't use a high scanning
resolution). Code some loader for this file format with the infos from
www.wotsit.org

Markus

Other Threads