Bde 5.01 and MS Sql 7.0 not comapible?

Hi,

We've got Delphi 4 and BDE 5.01.  Most (all) our prevoiusly written
applications for MS Sql 6.5, once ported to MS Sql 7.0 gives almost random
access violations in IDAPI32.DLL, IDODBC32.DLL and SQLMSS32.DLL.   We spent
days debugging but cannot trap the root problem. Even a small DB app created
on the fly to a simple db created on 7.0 gives the same behaviour.  Even the
native driver has some of its own problems with stored procs etc.

Seems like Delphi 4 and BDE 5.01 is not Sql 7.0 compatible, and Delphi
developers should not move to MS Sql 7.0 until Inprise release a new BDE.

Any comments?

Willie
wil...@fouriersystems.co.za

Re:Bde 5.01 and MS Sql 7.0 not comapible?

Here is a good link on the Inprise site that shows all the SQL Links
files, their sizes, data times, etc..
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/bdeupdate.html

Here are some other good links for IDAPI stuff ..

http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/odbccertinfo.html
http://www.borland.com/bde/papers/idapi/
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/qanda/
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/bdever.html
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/ti_list/TI3212.html

Also, just to be sure, make sure you have the latest version of
MickeySoft's ODBC drivers.

HTH

Rkr

Willie Swart wrote:

> Hi,

> We've got Delphi 4 and BDE 5.01.  Most (all) our prevoiusly written
> applications for MS Sql 6.5, once ported to MS Sql 7.0 gives almost random
> access violations in IDAPI32.DLL, IDODBC32.DLL and SQLMSS32.DLL.   We spent
> days debugging but cannot trap the root problem. Even a small DB app created
> on the fly to a simple db created on 7.0 gives the same behaviour.  Even the
> native driver has some of its own problems with stored procs etc.

> Seems like Delphi 4 and BDE 5.01 is not Sql 7.0 compatible, and Delphi
> developers should not move to MS Sql 7.0 until Inprise release a new BDE.

> Any comments?

> Willie
> wil...@fouriersystems.co.za

Other Threads