Delphi 3.02 and Sybase 11/NT

Hi!

I am using Delphi 3.02 and Sybase SQL-Server 11 for Windows NT and my
program is causing an access violation...

The Sybase server is running on a Pentium with Windows NT 4.0 Server with
service pack 3. In the client I was using Windows 95/Windows NT 4.0 Server
and the Sybase Client 16/32bits are instaled.

Using the Sybase tools like WISQL32, Server Manager and others, the I can
access the databases perfectly without causing any problems.

When I use Delphi 3.02, when my program closes the connection I receive a
message indicating an access violation (EExternalException in address
C0000008).
During the execution, my program works ok and only when I exit from my
program (closing the connection) the error occur.

I create a new project and put a TDatabase in my form. I fill the
properties and tested to connect changing Active to true in object
inspector. Then I set Active to false and nothing heapens. Then I put
Database1.Connected:=True in the OnCreate event of the form and
Database1.Connected:=False in the OnDestroy of the form and when I run the
program and close the form (exiting my program) the error occur.

Any body knows anything about it?

The version of BDE is 3.5.

[]s
Arthur

Re:Delphi 3.02 and Sybase 11/NT

This is well documented on Inprise's web site. It's a known error
in Sybase client drivers. Can't remember TI but you have to
look to hard.

Arthur E.F.Heinrich <art...@xperiment.com> wrote in article
<01bd7933$12df50c0$6d00a8c0@arthur>...

> Hi!

> I am using Delphi 3.02 and Sybase SQL-Server 11 for Windows NT and
my
> program is causing an access violation...

> The Sybase server is running on a Pentium with Windows NT 4.0
Server with
> service pack 3. In the client I was using Windows 95/Windows NT 4.0
Server
> and the Sybase Client 16/32bits are instaled.

> Using the Sybase tools like WISQL32, Server Manager and others, the
I can
> access the databases perfectly without causing any problems.

> When I use Delphi 3.02, when my program closes the connection I
receive a
> message indicating an access violation (EExternalException in
address
> C0000008).
> During the execution, my program works ok and only when I exit from
my
> program (closing the connection) the error occur.

> I create a new project and put a TDatabase in my form. I fill the
> properties and tested to connect changing Active to true in object
> inspector. Then I set Active to false and nothing heapens. Then I
put
> Database1.Connected:=True in the OnCreate event of the form and
> Database1.Connected:=False in the OnDestroy of the form and when I
run the
> program and close the form (exiting my program) the error occur.

> Any body knows anything about it?

> The version of BDE is 3.5.

> []s
> Arthur