Paradox table block size

I have to change Paradox tables block size (BS). Now BS value is 2048 and i
can have max 128Mb table.
I've change BS in BDE to 4096 and create same tables (borrow structures from
old tables). But my trouble still go on - on append record i have "Table is
full" error (table size is 128Mb). How to change right tables block size and
pump data from old tables in new tables?

Re:Paradox table block size

Al wrote:

> How to change right tables block size and
> pump data from old tables in new tables?

You don't have to pump anything, just change the block size of
your existing tables, the data will not be harmed. The free utility
to do restructuring is/was PXREST.ZIP on Borland's site http://www.borland.com

The slight problem is, that after Borland removed the old TI-files,
and built the Community idea on their site, I have not been very
succesful in finding anything in there any more.
Also the Borland searhc engine will not find anything with 'PXREST',
but the utility probably is still there, under some BDE branch or
something. Good luck.

Markku Nevalainen

Re:Paradox table block size

Email me if u need the PXRest
program. I've downloaded it with
full source code.

Markku Nevalainen <m...@iki.fi> wrote in message news:39D9FDDB.1A58@iki.fi...
> Al wrote:

> > How to change right tables block size and
> > pump data from old tables in new tables?

> You don't have to pump anything, just change the block size of
> your existing tables, the data will not be harmed. The free utility
> to do restructuring is/was PXREST.ZIP on Borland's site

http://www.borland.com

> The slight problem is, that after Borland removed the old TI-files,
> and built the Community idea on their site, I have not been very
> succesful in finding anything in there any more.
> Also the Borland searhc engine will not find anything with 'PXREST',
> but the utility probably is still there, under some BDE branch or
> something. Good luck.

> Markku Nevalainen

Other Threads