internal gds software consistency check (can't continue after bugcheck)

I get the error "internal gds software consistency check (can't continue
after bugcheck)" after changing the field type of a table.  I had data in a
table and changed the column data type and now I keep getting that error.

Has anyone else ran into this?

Re:internal gds software consistency check (can't continue after bugcheck)

What version of InterBase are you using?

It sounds like your database has become corrupt. You can try repairing
it with gfix -mend then performing a backup and restore.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:internal gds software consistency check (can't continue after bugcheck)

6.0 on Linux

This runs me into another problem.  I can't repair the table because gfix
and gbak give me the following message when I try to run them:

can't format message 12:256 -- message system code -4

I'm thinking some library is the wrong version since that problem started
when the sys admin updated the version of linux we're running. Any idea
where to look for that one?

--
http://www.DelphiNews.com

"Bill Todd" <b...@notthis.dbginc.com> wrote in message

> What version of InterBase are you using?

> It sounds like your database has become corrupt. You can try repairing
> it with gfix -mend then performing a backup and restore.

> --
> Bill (TeamB)

Re:internal gds software consistency check (can't continue after bugcheck)

>6.0 on Linux

6.0.1.0? 6.0.1.6? 6.0.2.0? If you are running 6.0.1.0 be aware that it
is a pre-release version and has bugs that can cause corruption.

>This runs me into another problem.  I can't repair the table because gfix
>and gbak give me the following message when I try to run them:

>can't format message 12:256 -- message system code -4

Sorry. I have had limited Linux experience and that was quite awhile
ago.

--
Bill (TeamB)