Letting the user customize a form

Hi,

I want to let the users of my application customize a number of forms. As I
see it, they should be able to customize a portion of the form, while
leaving the rest (which is predesigned and standard) as it is. I also want
to let them save the changes that where made on the form. I need them to be
able to add new controls based on database fields, remove previouslsy added
controls, and modify existing positions, widths etc. More or less what
Delphi lets you do while you are in design mode.

What is the path I have to follow in order to achieve this? Could you make
suggestions, point to resources etc? I don't expect a full solution, just
minor suggestions that can lead me to the solution and make it an easier
task for me.

Thank you very much in advance,

petros

Re:Letting the user customize a form

Petros,
 There's a very nice set of 3rd party components that allow this.
It's called the Dream Designer at http://www.dream-com.com/.  We're
using them for a project and everything's working nicely.
 -- x

Xavier Pacheco (TeamB)
Xapware Technologies Inc.
www.xapware.com
www.xapxone.com

Sorry but TeamB cannot answer support
questions received via email.

Re:Letting the user customize a form

I suppose using DragKind and DragMode and playing with DockSite, is not
exactly the solution.

PS: Very nice set of components. I will consider them as my solution.

petros

Re:Letting the user customize a form

Not entirely - there's much more to it then just that.  You'll enjoy
the comps.
 - x

Xavier Pacheco (TeamB)
Xapware Technologies Inc.