Lost- one Delphi 2.0 math unit

All right, I KNOW its here somewhere. Its in the Help file.

Where is the math unit in Delphi 2.0 ? Every variant of MATH in the USES
statement gets me kicked out.

I NEED the power function !

Please help me...

Steve

Re:Lost- one Delphi 2.0 math unit

steve wrote:
> All right, I KNOW its here somewhere. Its in the Help file.

> Where is the math unit in Delphi 2.0 ? Every variant of MATH in the USES
> statement gets me kicked out.

> I NEED the power function !

Math I believe was only included in the CS version. You have a few options:

1) Check the Super Page. There are tons of freeware ones.

2) The power function is probably the most implemented function. It's
availalbe from thousands of sources. Try SWAG or Dejanews

3) The recursive version is a cake walk to write, and the other is easy to
translate out of any algolrithm book.

--
Chad Z. Hower - Surgoinsville, TN
Free Delphi, CGI and other things at: http://www.pbe.com/Kudzu

steve wrote in message <35BCEA36.83087...@ravenfield.com>...
>All right, I KNOW its here somewhere. Its in the Help file.

>Where is the math unit in Delphi 2.0 ? Every variant of MATH in the USES
>statement gets me kicked out.

>I NEED the power function !

If you only have the "Standard" version of Delphi 2, you don't have a math
unit.

Item C-1 on the Delphi Math FAQ and Links page in my Computer Lab shows how
to compute x to the power y.

Also, check out the Delphi Math Functions pages in my Computer Lab for a
lengthy listing of many math functions that can be obtained as
freeware/shareware -- you can easily get by without the math unit from
Inprise!  Find the "power" function on the "General Math Functions" page.

efg
efg's Computer Lab:  http://infomaster.net/external/efg

Earl F. Glynn                 E-Mail:  EarlGl...@att.net
MedTech Research Corporation, Lenexa, KS  USA

Other Threads