Problems with Windows 95 osr2 ?!?

I have Windows 95 with 16 bit fat on my hard disk and Delphi Developer 2.0
installed on it. All works properly. If I try to install Windows 95 Osr2
with 32 bit fat and then I install Delphi Developer 2.0 I have this
problem. I have created a data source and a data table; after  I have
assigned a database name by an alias already defined and a table name in
that database;  if I try to make "ACTIVE" the table I get an error message
that says "Invalid file name". But if I open the table with Database
Desktop I have no problem. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Re:Problems with Windows 95 osr2 ?!?

"Simmaco Ferriero" <sim...@iol.it> wrote:
> I have Windows 95 with 16 bit fat on my hard disk and Delphi Developer 2.0
> installed on it. All works properly. If I try to install Windows 95 Osr2
> with 32 bit fat and then I install Delphi Developer 2.0 I have this
> problem. I have created a data source and a data table; after  I have
> assigned a database name by an alias already defined and a table name in
> that database;  if I try to make "ACTIVE" the table I get an error message
> that says "Invalid file name". But if I open the table with Database
> Desktop I have no problem. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

You need the latest ("fat32 compatible") BDE. Go and get it at www.borland.com.

Good luck!

Jasper

Simmaco Ferriero wrote:

> I have Windows 95 with 16 bit fat on my hard disk and Delphi Developer
> 2.0 installed on it. All works properly. If I try to install Windows
> 95 Osr2 with 32 bit fat and then I install Delphi Developer 2.0 I have
> this problem. I have created a data source and a data table; after  I
> have assigned a database name by an alias already defined and a table
> name in that database;  if I try to make "ACTIVE" the table I get an
> error message that says "Invalid file name". But if I open the table
> with Database Desktop I have no problem. Can anyone help me to solve
> this problem?

  Yes.  You have the FAT 32 installed on your system (whether it be a 16
bit or 32 bit FAT...).  Go to Borland's web site, and follow the BDE
links until you see 'Update for FAT32'.
  My question:  What's this Osr2?  (Did you download it down off the
web?)

--
Jason
Dark...@SLSoftware.reno.nv.us

Re:Problems with Windows 95 osr2 ?!?

There is a fix for this on the borland web site , bde 3.5f , it has been
there for weeks, go get it.... :)

Simmaco Ferriero <sim...@iol.it> wrote in article
<01bc3ca4$f1a421e0$a1072dc3@simfer>...

> I have Windows 95 with 16 bit fat on my hard disk and Delphi Developer
2.0
> installed on it. All works properly. If I try to install Windows 95 Osr2
> with 32 bit fat and then I install Delphi Developer 2.0 I have this
> problem. I have created a data source and a data table; after  I have
> assigned a database name by an alias already defined and a table name in
> that database;  if I try to make "ACTIVE" the table I get an error
message
> that says "Invalid file name". But if I open the table with Database
> Desktop I have no problem. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Re:Problems with Windows 95 osr2 ?!?

Osr2 is Win 95 Service pack 2 and is only delivered with new computers.
Some of the enhancements is available from microsofts homepage. If you
have Osr2 installed your version is 4.00.950 b

>   Yes.  You have the FAT 32 installed on your system (whether it be a 16
> bit or 32 bit FAT...).  Go to Borland's web site, and follow the BDE
> links until you see 'Update for FAT32'.
>   My question:  What's this Osr2?  (Did you download it down off the
> web?)

Other Threads