Control Panel in Delphi 1, yes 1

I've been trying to program a control panel for windows 3.x in delphi
1.0, but i haven't found anything useful on the net about delphi 1.0
and control panels. Okay, i know it must be a library (dll) but there
is not a single good reference to how this control panel thing must be
done, other than changing 'program' to 'library' and compiling it to a
dll. after changing the extension it doesn't show up in the control
panel. must i edit the .dpr file, or what?

Please help,

Re:Control Panel in Delphi 1, yes 1

In article <3bea7f74.94360...@news.kolumbus.fi>, Jens Carp

<nospample...@europe.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to program a control panel for windows 3.x in delphi
> 1.0, but i haven't found anything useful on the net about delphi 1.0
> and control panels. Okay, i know it must be a library (dll)

You know this how? I ask because it's not true.

> but there
> is not a single good reference to how this control panel thing must be
> done, other than changing 'program' to 'library' and compiling it to a
> dll. after changing the extension it doesn't show up in the control
> panel. must i edit the .dpr file, or what?

Found everything I needed in the Windows 3.x SDK. Basically all you
have to do is implement hooks that let the system control it through a
known interface.

Greg Weston wrote:

> > I've been trying to program a control panel for windows 3.x in delphi
> > 1.0, but i haven't found anything useful on the net about delphi 1.0
> > and control panels. Okay, i know it must be a library (dll)

> You know this how? I ask because it's not true.

It IS true... control panel applets are stored in a dll that simply have
a .cpl extention.

> > but there
> > is not a single good reference to how this control panel thing must be
> > done, other than changing 'program' to 'library' and compiling it to a
> > dll. after changing the extension it doesn't show up in the control
> > panel. must i edit the .dpr file, or what?

> Found everything I needed in the Windows 3.x SDK. Basically all you
> have to do is implement hooks that let the system control it through a
> known interface.

I'm affraid you missed the point... He is asking how he can write a
Control Panel application that will show up in the Control Panel windows
(control.exe).

Look in Windows API Help, go to Overviews, Control Panel Applications.
All details on how to write a control panel library are all there. There
is even a skeleton unit, cpl.dcu, with the needed declarations (look in
\delphi\doc\cpl.int for the interface).

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edok...@home.nl
   http://members.home.nl/edokter