PROBLEM WITH ORACLE CLOB FIELDS

We use Delphi 6 Enterprise with Oracle 8i. We have a table TABLE1  with two
CLOB fields.
If we use QUERY1 , UPDATESQL , DATASETPROVIDER , CLIENTDATASET when we apply
updates
  ie.  ClientDataSet1.ApplyUpdates(-1)  we get the following Oracle error.

    GENERAL SQL ERROR . ORA- 22275 : Invalid LOB locator specified.

We would be obliged if someone could give us some help

Thank you very much
Nick

Re:PROBLEM WITH ORACLE CLOB FIELDS

As far as I know, BDE does not support CLOB type introduced in O8.  I
believe you will have to move to a component set like DOA or ODAC.

Kevin

"Nikos" <nik...@cteam.gr> wrote in message

> We use Delphi 6 Enterprise with Oracle 8i. We have a table TABLE1  with
two
> CLOB fields.
> If we use QUERY1 , UPDATESQL , DATASETPROVIDER , CLIENTDATASET when we
apply
> updates
>   ie.  ClientDataSet1.ApplyUpdates(-1)  we get the following Oracle error.

>     GENERAL SQL ERROR . ORA- 22275 : Invalid LOB locator specified.

> We would be obliged if someone could give us some help

> Thank you very much
> Nick

Other Threads