TWebBrowser won't display pages from the Internet

I have a very simple application that uses a TWebBrowser.  It will load and
view HTML files stored locally without any problems what-so-ever, but when I
try to go to a web site, I got the "The page cannot be displayed" message.
I can go to the web sites just fine if I load up Internet Explorer.  What
could cause this?  I've tried both the Navigate and Navigate2 method's.

Thanks,
Jesse
www.davinci-mims.com

Re:TWebBrowser won't display pages from the Internet

> I have a very simple application that uses a TWebBrowser.  It will load and
> view HTML files stored locally without any problems what-so-ever, but when I
> try to go to a web site, I got the "The page cannot be displayed" message.
> I can go to the web sites just fine if I load up Internet Explorer.  What
> could cause this?  I've tried both the Navigate and Navigate2 method's.

Could be, that you have a personal firewall setup, that will not let requests
from your application through.

--
Martin

Re:TWebBrowser won't display pages from the Internet

Oops.  It just occurred to me that I recently installed Cookie Cop 2 from PC
Magazine.  I set it to ONLY run when I bring up Internet Explorer.  it acts
as a Proxy Server, and when it's not up, I can't browse from anywhere.  I
brought it up, and it works great.  Sorry for the message.

Jesse

"Martin Kammann" <mNOkamm...@intellienceSPAM.comPLEASE> wrote in message

> > I have a very simple application that uses a TWebBrowser.  It will load
and
> > view HTML files stored locally without any problems what-so-ever, but
when I
> > try to go to a web site, I got the "The page cannot be displayed"
message.
> > I can go to the web sites just fine if I load up Internet Explorer.
What
> > could cause this?  I've tried both the Navigate and Navigate2 method's.

> Could be, that you have a personal firewall setup, that will not let
requests
> from your application through.

> --
> Martin

Re:TWebBrowser won't display pages from the Internet

I am running ZoneAlarm, and the first thing that always pops up from that is
"Do you want to allow xxxx.exe to access the internet."  I always answer
yes.  I usually have to refresh, but that SHOULD solve the problem?

> > I have a very simple application that uses a TWebBrowser.  It will load
and
> > view HTML files stored locally without any problems what-so-ever, but
when I
> > try to go to a web site, I got the "The page cannot be displayed"
message.
> > I can go to the web sites just fine if I load up Internet Explorer.
What
> > could cause this?  I've tried both the Navigate and Navigate2 method's.

> Could be, that you have a personal firewall setup, that will not let
requests
> from your application through.

> --
> Martin