"Invalid pointer operation"

Hello:

Thank you for your attention.

When I execute some applications developped with D5, I get the following
message at the very beggining of the execution: "Invalid pointer operation".

Since I can't find where the error is located, could you please explain to
me when is this error shown?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Carlos Borrero

Re:"Invalid pointer operation"

Something is happening in the startup code of your application. Either in the
DPR code, the create of an autocreated unit, or in an initialization section of
one of your units.

If you put  a breakpoint on the first line (after the begin) of your DPR code
that should tell you where to look. If the error occurs before reaching the
breakpoint then check the unit initialization sections. If you reach the
breakpoint then trace until the error occurs.

Allen.

Carlos Borrero wrote:
> Hello:

> Thank you for your attention.

> When I execute some applications developped with D5, I get the following
> message at the very beggining of the execution: "Invalid pointer operation".

> Since I can't find where the error is located, could you please explain to
> me when is this error shown?

> Thank you in advance for your help.

> Kind regards,

> Carlos Borrero