problem with updating dbedit-components values

Hello !

I have problems with dbedit -components

They do not updates well when i navigate dataset.

I tested it with dbgrid = dbgrid and dbedits where connected to same
datasource.
DBGrid work well but dbedits show sometimes old values (some values from
previous record).

????

an...@iki.fi

Re:problem with updating dbedit-components values

Sorry, but that's not possible.  Are you sure you're not doing something in
your code to make it appear that way?

Paul / ColumbuSoft
www.columbusoft.com

antsu <an...@iki.fi> wrote in message news:3a87a387$1_2@dnews...
> Hello !

> I have problems with dbedit -components

> They do not updates well when i navigate dataset.

> I tested it with dbgrid = dbgrid and dbedits where connected to same
> datasource.
> DBGrid work well but dbedits show sometimes old values (some values from
> previous record).

> ????

> an...@iki.fi

Re:problem with updating dbedit-components values

> Sorry, but that's not possible.  Are you sure you're not doing something
in
> your code to make it appear that way?

> Paul / ColumbuSoft
> www.columbusoft.com

Yes i'm sure. I demostrated it to my workmate and made new components before
demostration- so it could not be code to make it appear that way.

More information: those dbedits shows right value if i click them.

Antsu
ps. Sorry my "mika h?kkinen" -english

Re:problem with updating dbedit-components values

What database are you using? What dataset components are you using (BDE,
ADO, IB Express, etc.)? Do you have the grid and the DBEdits connected to
the same DataSource component? What version of Delphi are you using?

--
Bill

Re:problem with updating dbedit-components values

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <billtodd...@nospam.qwest.net> kirjoitti viestiss?

> What database are you using? What dataset components are you using (BDE,
> ADO, IB Express, etc.)? Do you have the grid and the DBEdits connected to
> the same DataSource component? What version of Delphi are you using?

Oracle8
sqlnet
bde
Tquery
Tdatasource
TDBEdit / TDBGrid

Delphi 5 e

Same datasource.

Re:problem with updating dbedit-components values

I am not sure what the problem is. Try posting your message in the
database.sqlservers newsgroup where client/server database questions are
handled. That is where you will find the Oracle users. This group is for
desktop databases like Paradox, Access and dBase.

--
Bill

Other Threads