Oracle ODBC exceptions / reconnecting.

Hi.

I have a small app that logs phone use data into an Oracle database, through
ODBC. Occasionally, they'll take this database down for maintenance, and
this creates problems for my Delphi app. I have two problems. 1), what
exceptions should I be looking out for from Table.AppendRecord when the
database is taken away, and 2), how do I reconnect once it has gone. I
currently open the database table with :

    Database1.Open;
    Table1.Open;

I hope these questions aren't too basic, but it's very difficult for me to
test it going away because it happens quite infrequently (and late at
night!).

Thanks for any help,

-James.