DElphi & Access database

Could somebody PLEASE help me access (no pun
intended) an ACCESS database from Delphi?  I'm
using Delphi 5 Professional to write a idiot-
proof front-end to an existing Access database
for basic client-and-transactions tracking
applicion.

Whatever I do, it keeps asking for a password or
gives an "not authorized for this data type"
message.

Help?

Pieter

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:DElphi & Access database

Try putting database object to your datamodel (or form) and set the
database.loginprompt property to false. This will work of course if you
have no passwd protection on you Access database.
pleroux3...@my-deja.com wrote:
> Could somebody PLEASE help me access (no pun
> intended) an ACCESS database from Delphi?  I'm
> using Delphi 5 Professional to write a idiot-
> proof front-end to an existing Access database
> for basic client-and-transactions tracking
> applicion.

> Whatever I do, it keeps asking for a password or
> gives an "not authorized for this data type"
> message.

> Help?

> Pieter

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Re:DElphi & Access database

In article <388A484C.874B5...@k2.net>,
  GDB <gregor.malen...@k2.net> wrote:

> Try putting database object to your datamodel (or form) and set the
> database.loginprompt property to false. This will work of course if
you
> have no passwd protection on you Access database.

Thanks for your help!  I tried that - no change.  I believe it wants
password access rights to the DRIVER, because the database certainly
aren't protected.  Any opinion on OBDC alternatives?  Or is this
support simply not built into my version (Pro)?

Regards

Pieter

Other Threads