Set Local Share = True in installation

Hello group,
is it possible to set the value of LOCAL SHARE to true in the
installation-process?
Thanks in advance,
  Frank Frost
--
====================================
Frank Frost

Homepage: http://home.t-online.de/home/Frank.Frost
eMail   : MailTo:Frank.Fr...@gmx.de
PGP-Fingerabdruck: F0B3 EF34 31F1 2754 AEB4  B676 E1BA 4387 F004 4ABA
====================================

Re:Set Local Share = True in installation

What installation program are you using?  You cannot do it with
InstallShield Express. You can with Wise. You can do it from a Delphi
application using the example for DbiOpenCfgInfoList at
www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:Set Local Share = True in installation

>is it possible to set the value of LOCAL SHARE to true in the
>installation-process?

It is possible to edit the idapi32.cnf file to change the Local share setting so
that new installations will have the local share value you set.
Idapi32.cnf can be edited with the BdeAdmin.exe as long as you specify the full
file name.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Set Local Share = True in installation

Thanx

--
====================================
Frank Frost
Tel: +49 2161 205322
Fax: +49 2161 205355

Homepage: http://home.t-online.de/home/Frank.Frost
eMail   : MailTo:Frank.Fr...@gmx.de
PGP-Fingerabdruck: F0B3 EF34 31F1 2754 AEB4  B676 E1BA 4387 F004 4ABA
====================================

Re:Set Local Share = True in installation

Brian,

I believe you will find that if the BDE is already installed on a machine
and Local Share is set to False installing a new app that also installs the
BDE and which has Local Share set to True in IDAPI.CNF will NOT change the
Local Share setting on the machine to True. It does work if there is no
existing BDE installation.  It has been awhile since I tried this with
InstallShield Express but this is the way it used to work.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:Set Local Share = True in installation

I use a small DLL (~40kB) containing a routine which I call from Wise
(guess it could be called from InstallShield too) which calls the BDE to
set LOCAL SHARE.

It uses code I got from this ng and works whether the BDE is set up to
store setting in the registry or in the CFG file.

On Sat, 5 Jun 1999 19:09:12 -0700, b...@nospam.dbginc.com (Bill Todd)
wrote:

> Brian,

> I believe you will find that if the BDE is already installed on a
> machine
> and Local Share is set to False installing a new app that also installs
> the
> BDE and which has Local Share set to True in IDAPI.CNF will NOT change
> the
> Local Share setting on the machine to True. It does work if there is no
> existing BDE installation.  It has been awhile since I tried this with
> InstallShield Express but this is the way it used to work.

Dave Riley
Tangent Software Ltd, Reading, UK

Re:Set Local Share = True in installation

Hi Bill,

Yes I know this, and because of this I write down in a readme-file that this
should be set to TRUE.
As You used InstallShield Express, have You ever tried to set a different path
as default for installing the BDE (not "Common Files" but "Gemeinsame
Dateien")?
I tried to change this in the ISDEPEND.INI, and it worked fine with the second
and third part but the first one is still set to "Common Files"...
Any ideas how to chage this??

Frank

--
====================================

Bill Todd schrieb:

> Brian,

> I believe you will find that if the BDE is already installed on a machine
> and Local Share is set to False installing a new app that also installs the
> BDE and which has Local Share set to True in IDAPI.CNF will NOT change the
> Local Share setting on the machine to True. It does work if there is no
> existing BDE installation.  It has been awhile since I tried this with
> InstallShield Express but this is the way it used to work.

> Bill

> --

> Bill Todd - TeamB
> (TeamB cannot respond to email questions. To contact me
>  for any other reason remove nospam from my address.)

--
====================================
Frank Frost
Tel: +49 2161 205322
Fax: +49 2161 205355

Homepage: http://home.t-online.de/home/Frank.Frost
eMail   : MailTo:Frank.Fr...@gmx.de
PGP-Fingerabdruck: F0B3 EF34 31F1 2754 AEB4  B676 E1BA 4387 F004 4ABA

Re:Set Local Share = True in installation

My understanding is that it cannot be done with InstallShield Express. I use
Wise which lets me put the BDE anywhere I wish and set any BDE option as
part of the installation.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB