HELP: Field is not a BLOB...

Hi,

I am (still) having problems when trying to copy a Paradox memo field to a tstringlist when i cached updates mode.

I always get the "field is not a blob" message.  My Delphi is ver. 3.0 C/S

Please give a safe way to convert Pdox memo fields to a string list.

Thanks in advance

Best regards from Norway

Tor

Re:HELP: Field is not a BLOB...

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998 11:14:23 +0100, "Tor Tveitane" <bush...@online.no>
wrote:

>Hi,

>I am (still) having problems when trying to copy a Paradox memo field to a tstringlist when i cached updates mode.

>I always get the "field is not a blob" message.  My Delphi is ver. 3.0 C/S

>Please give a safe way to convert Pdox memo fields to a string list.

>Thanks in advance

>Best regards from Norway

>Tor

I'm having the same trouble here. The situation is a bit different
though. In my case I get the errormessage after deactivating the
table, setting CachedUpdates to True and reactivating the table again.

This results in the same message: "Field is not a Blob." I use D3 C/S
too and the TTable is also connected to a Paradox table. This table
contains a.o. 2 TGraphicFields and 2 TMemoFields.

Maybe someone can help us solve this problem.

Greetings HdV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The road to wisdom?
Well, it's plain and simple to express:
Err and err and err again,
but less and less and less.
(Piet Hein)

HdV aka J.A.deVr...@lr.tudelft.nl
Delft University of Technology
Faculty of AeroSpace Engineering

Re:HELP: Field is not a BLOB...

Hi
Any BDE wizards, please comment on the two blob questions in this thread!
Thanks in advance
Tor

Re:HELP: Field is not a BLOB...

I've recently read that cached updates cause many headaches. "Blob"
errors seem to be an euphemism for anything BDE can't handle.
Autoincremented fields are another source of headaches and the infamous
"blob" errors. It is strongly recommended that autoincremented fields be
eliminated from databases.

> On Thu, 22 Jan 1998 11:14:23 +0100, "Tor Tveitane" <bush...@online.no>
> wrote:

> >Hi,

> >I am (still) having problems when trying to copy a
> > Paradox memo field to a tstringlist when i cached updates mode.
> >I always get the "field is not a blob" message.  My Delphi is ver. 3.0 C/S

Re:HELP: Field is not a BLOB...

I downloaded the following article from borland.public.delphi.database:

From: "WmBurke(TeamB)" <no_spam_71333.1...@compuserve.com>
Newsgroups: borland.public.delphi.database.desktop
Subject: Re:  CachedUpdates property makes my table unable to open
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 12:24:58 PST

>> Anybody out-there knows how to solve my problem.  I try to use
>> cachedupdates property on my table which has one graphic field for >>
>> keeping picture.  After set Cachedupdates and Active property to True,
>> the message "Field is not a BLOB" appears.  Even if the table isempty.

I've seen this on tables that were created, saved, and then
restructured.... The only way I've found to get rid of the error is to
create a new table with the desired structure and then add the data from
the old table into the new table.

====
Bill

> > On Thu, 22 Jan 1998 11:14:23 +0100, "Tor Tveitane" <bush...@online.no>
> > wrote:

> > >Hi,

> > >I am (still) having problems when trying to copy a
> > > Paradox memo field to a tstringlist when i cached updates mode.
> > >I always get the "field is not a blob" message.

Other Threads