Newbie question: Registering an Automation Server

What steps do I need to take to register a simple automation server so that
it can be executed / accessed from a different computer?  I've registered
the server by passing "/regserver" as a parameter on the command line, but
I'm sure there is more to it than that.  If I use CoMyServer.Create or
CoMyServer.CreateRemote('MyComputer'), everything works fine, but if I try
CreateRemote('AnotherComputer'), I get one of two errors.  If the server
program is not running, I get the error "Server Execution Failed".  If the
server program is running, then I get "Interface not supported".  Any help
would be sincerely appreciated!

Tim

Re:Newbie question: Registering an Automation Server

There's a tutorial on my site "Implementing a MutiUser DCOM Server" that may
help.

have fun
--
Binh Ly
Need help on COM development?

Tim Perrigo <t...@argkeno.com> wrote in message

> What steps do I need to take to register a simple automation server so
that
> it can be executed / accessed from a different computer?  I've registered
> the server by passing "/regserver" as a parameter on the command line, but
> I'm sure there is more to it than that.  If I use CoMyServer.Create or
> CoMyServer.CreateRemote('MyComputer'), everything works fine, but if I try
> CreateRemote('AnotherComputer'), I get one of two errors.  If the server
> program is not running, I get the error "Server Execution Failed".  If the
> server program is running, then I get "Interface not supported".  Any help
> would be sincerely appreciated!

> Tim

Re:Newbie question: Registering an Automation Server

Thanks Binh!  I'll check it out.

Tim

Binh Ly <b...@castle.net> wrote in message

> There's a tutorial on my site "Implementing a MutiUser DCOM Server" that
may
> help.

> have fun
> --