Calculated Fields and BatchMove

I am trying to move records from a TQuery to a TTable; neither of which
is attached to a visible component.  The table has two fields whose
values must be computed from values contained in the query.  I have
defined the two fields as calculated fields and placed the code that
computes the field values in the OnCalcField event handler.  I execute
the BatchMove function with the batAppend setting.  All the information
transfers correctly except there are no values in the calculated
fields.  Any suggestions?

Re:Calculated Fields and BatchMove

> I have
>defined the two fields as calculated fields and placed the code that
>computes the field values in the OnCalcField event handler.  I execute
>the BatchMove function with the batAppend setting.  All the information
>transfers correctly except there are no values in the calculated
>fields.  Any suggestions?

BatchMove does not copy calculated fields.
Maybe you can use a query and create the calculated fields in SQL
the user the Query as the batchMove source

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads