D7 Rave Reports - BiDi support?

Does the Rave Reports that ships with Delphi 7 support non-Latin locales
, such as Hebrew, Arabic, Japanese?

I've played with it a little and it seems that even simple text lables
don't work properly. There are no BiDi or any other language related
properties.

Can someone from Nevrona clarify the current situation and future plans?

Thanks,

EZ.

Re:D7 Rave Reports - BiDi support?

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002 13:16:03 +0200 you wrote:

> Does the Rave Reports that ships with Delphi 7 support non-Latin locales
> , such as Hebrew, Arabic, Japanese?

> I've played with it a little and it seems that even simple text lables
> don't work properly. There are no BiDi or any other language related
> properties.

> Can someone from Nevrona clarify the current situation and future plans?

Full Japanese support is being finished up now and a patch will be
available soon for D7 users.  BIDI support is not included in the
current release but if we get enough requests for BIDI support, it is
certainly something we will look into for a future release.

Thanks,

Jim Gunkel
Nevrona Designs
http://www.nevrona.com

Re:D7 Rave Reports - BiDi support?

Jim,

Thank you for your answer.

I think that if you want to continue your deal with Borland to include
Rave Reports in Delphi, you'll have to support BiDi. Delphi attempts
(though sometimes doesn't succeed) to support all the locales, inlcuding
BiDi languages.

If it counts, than I place a request...

By the way, what do I need to change in order to force the report
generator to convert strings to a certain locale? This may solve my
problem until you produce a version with full support.

EZ.

Jim Gunkel wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Sep 2002 13:16:03 +0200 you wrote:

>>Does the Rave Reports that ships with Delphi 7 support non-Latin locales
>>, such as Hebrew, Arabic, Japanese?

>>I've played with it a little and it seems that even simple text lables
>>don't work properly. There are no BiDi or any other language related
>>properties.

>>Can someone from Nevrona clarify the current situation and future plans?

> Full Japanese support is being finished up now and a patch will be
> available soon for D7 users.  BIDI support is not included in the
> current release but if we get enough requests for BIDI support, it is
> certainly something we will look into for a future release.

> Thanks,

> Jim Gunkel
> Nevrona Designs
> http://www.nevrona.com

Re:D7 Rave Reports - BiDi support?

Hi

I'm sorry to say but I just dropped the idea to use rave for this
reason. And other reasons too but this is the most important.

BR

Daniel

Jim Gunkel wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Sep 2002 13:16:03 +0200 you wrote:

>>Does the Rave Reports that ships with Delphi 7 support non-Latin locales
>>, such as Hebrew, Arabic, Japanese?

>>I've played with it a little and it seems that even simple text lables
>>don't work properly. There are no BiDi or any other language related
>>properties.

>>Can someone from Nevrona clarify the current situation and future plans?

> Full Japanese support is being finished up now and a patch will be
> available soon for D7 users.  BIDI support is not included in the
> current release but if we get enough requests for BIDI support, it is
> certainly something we will look into for a future release.

> Thanks,

> Jim Gunkel
> Nevrona Designs
> http://www.nevrona.com