D3: confirm SYSTEM bug?

Hi,

first of all the following statement from the Delphi 3
documentation is incorrect:

<quote>
ErrorAddr contains the address of a statement causing a runtime
error.

var ErrorAddr: Pointer;
</quote>

When testing ErrorAddr in the finalization section it *always* is
nil, regardless of whether I called RunError(210) myself or not
(this is just a test case).

I believe this to be a bug in SYSTEM.PAS which in routine
"procedure _Halt0;" features this code:

  if ErrorAddr <> nil then
  begin
    MakeErrorMessage;
    if IsConsole then
      WriteLn(PChar(@runErrMsg))
    else
      MessageBox(0, runErrMsg, errCaption, 0);
 ErrorAddr := nil;
  end;

Interestingly it appears as if "ErrorAddr := nil" has been added
late; note the formatting of the line.

I have no idea how Delphi 2.0(1) performs here, but Delphi 1 does
behave as expected.

Any confirmations or thoughts?

If this turns out to be a bug I will post an edited description
to the Delphi Buglists.
--
Stefan.Hoffmeis...@UNI-Passau.DE
http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/