Delphi 5, MSAccess and TStringField.size -this sounds like a bug.

Just a guess - could it be that Delphi 5 is treating these columns as
AnsiWideChar rather than AnsiChar? That is, double the size to support
pictographic languages like Kanji and Mandarin.

No idea how you would solve it if that were the case though.

--
Christopher Latta  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~clatta
  It is February 2000 - Do you know where your Messiah is?

Stefan wrote in message <88m265$s...@bornews.borland.com>...
>Hi.
>I had several applications with MSAccess compiled in Delphi4 and I tried to
>port them to Delphi5.
>One single awful problem: every stringfield in Access (size < 256) is seen
>by Delphi5 as double size -therefore as a TMemoField.

8< -- snip --